MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CANNOT LOGIN? READ THIS!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Actually maybe it worked as I logged in with the sidebar first, it isn't when I use a different browser and log in there first.

You'll have to edit the action of the login button, tell it to go to /forums/member.php instead of just member.php

I'd imagine this is a theme issue as default MyBB doesn't even have a login form there, so there's been an error in coding somewhere.
Thanks Matt, appreciate the help, I'll take it up with the theme designer.
Actually we might be able to fix it. Can you go to ACP > Server and Optimization Options > Output template start/end comments? > YES. This is so we can see what templates are being used in the source code of the page, and it might be possible to tell you a template to edit to fix it.
I am not sure, but I believe there is a bug within the maximum failed login system. After an account fail to login 5 times, or w/e the number is set at, after the 15 mins it still can not login. It will simply continue to go back to the member.php page over and over again. I believe this is the problem a lot of users are having.

Even when I disabled the maximum failed login, the accounts that had already violated it could not login. I tried everything. I even created a new account, which the new account worked after clearing cookies/cache, however, the old account still wouldn't work. It seems that after the 15 mins, for some reason the failed login attempts don't reset...which means the account can never login. What I had to do was go into myphpadmin mybb_user table and manually set the failed login attempt for my account to 0.

I am not certain that this is a bug or is the problem. However, I hope that it is looked into. I am pretty sure that the failed login not resetting after 15mins was the problem. After I set the failed login attempt to 0 within myphpadmin, the account logged in with no problem.

I hope this helps someone.
If you look around the forums, there is a known problem with it, and there's also a fix too.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706
(2009-01-02, 10:51 AM)MattR Wrote: [ -> ]If you look around the forums, there is a known problem with it, and there's also a fix too.

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-410...#pid279706

lol, amusing, due to the fact I ran upon this thread on google instead when trying to find out why I couldn't login to my own forum. I wish I could have found that earlier...heh. But I think a lot of people in this thread are probably having that problem, thanks for directing me to this captcha system.
Woah hang on, I thought this was my login thread. Are you on 1.2?? Because this is the 1.2 forum.....
Nope, I am 1.4, oooo ouch, I didn't notice that this was 1.2
Oh, well this is the 1.2 forum... anyway, in that case then, if you are on 1.4.4 (as the login CAPTCHA feature was only added in 1.4.4) the file in that thread should fix it up.

In future, if you can give your version number when you have a problem, it'll help in diagnosis.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10