MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome Browser release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Don't google have something to do with Firefox anyway? Why compete against them? Maybe it is based on FF and just has some google mods.
Its based of Webkit, which is Safari, not Firefox.
Interesting. Sounds like it'll be a RAM hog though with all those processes (and probably separate threads to process everything...). At least there won't really be any memory leaks...
It'll probably be a RAM hog, but you can now see which website is using the most resources and closing the tab will kill the process and free up the RAM so that you can do stuff in the other tabs first and go back to that site later with only 1 tab. Smile Not to mention that each new website you visit starts a new process so it's like opening a new browser.
(2008-09-02, 09:52 AM)_Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Don't google have something to do with Firefox anyway? Why compete against them? Maybe it is based on FF and just has some google mods.
Yup, they recently re-did their agreement that extended it to 2012.

I read somewhere that Mozilla has known about this for some time and Google and Mozilla have been talking privately about this for some time now. So I guess they came to some agreement.
Here's the link for download when it becomes available
http://gears.google.com/chrome/

Regards
Or try www.google.com/chrome

I'm using it now - from first impressions, this seems to blow Firefox Aurora out the water...

I think I see IE somewhere back there on the horizon... Shy

I think it has practically everything people have wanted for a browser... with a Google touch...

I like it Cool
I'm also using the beta version now. It's pretty sweet & very fast!
Iv been playing around and quite frankly i havent found a bug yet. Microsoft IE - lol on there first beta... BAH!

Its pretty nice. Seems a bit slower than firefox.

Edit: Looks like things are a bit jumpy with ajax on the mybb site.
(2008-09-02, 07:15 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]Or try www.google.com/chrome

I'm using it now - from first impressions, this seems to blow Firefox Aurora out the water...

I think I see IE somewhere back there on the horizon... Shy

I think it has practically everything people have wanted for a browser... with a Google touch...

I like it Cool

I miss my plugins though Sad. It's great but the thing I love about FF is I can add whatever I need/want.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7