MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome Browser release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Looks great and works well Smile Fast browser too Toungue

I plan on keeping firefox though
Well, just tried it. First thing - IT HAS NO OPTIONS!
If it's touting itself as a browser for web browsing enthusiasts, it seriously needs to add options. I mean, I can't even disable images - WTF? I can't customise the toolbar (apart from adding/removing the Home button), can't disable Javascript, basically no options in regards to caching/history, no Flash/Java control, it uses IE's proxy settings...

Unless it actually adds some options, it's a severe disappointment in my book.
Aye, the lack of options surprises me considering the amount of money and resources Google has at its disposal.
mm, it's only a beta, when the first release candidate been released will bring more options i think, in all cases if you read "why google make a browser" you will understand why the browser is too simple.

I tasted the browser and it's good, but not enough yet
Ye i found this.

http://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin...e=feedback

give google your feedback to help make the browser better.
(2008-09-03, 09:35 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just tried it. First thing - IT HAS NO OPTIONS!
If it's touting itself as a browser for web browsing enthusiasts, it seriously needs to add options. I mean, I can't even disable images - WTF? I can't customise the toolbar (apart from adding/removing the Home button), can't disable Javascript, basically no options in regards to caching/history, no Flash/Java control, it uses IE's proxy settings...

Most people who browse the web aren't feature-junkies and 99% of people don't need these options.
(2008-09-03, 09:40 AM)Azagthoth Wrote: [ -> ]mm, it's only a beta, when the first release candidate been released will bring more options i think, in all cases if you read "why google make a browser" you will understand why the browser is too simple. I tasted the browser and it's good, but not enough yet
Google said they are making a browser to push standards, but I fail to see how they are going to do this...? Any ideas? They are just using WebKit... so technically they aren't very involved in the way pages are rendered etc. I have to say it is very fast to load - while windows vista is loging in on, I click it straight away and it opens. The spell checker is very slow though.

It also close its self sometimes (I have windows vista) with no message saying it is not responding etc. Anyone else get this problem?

Also it uses the version of webkit which as a serious security flaw which allows drive-by downloads.
(2008-09-03, 11:25 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-03, 09:35 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]Well, just tried it. First thing - IT HAS NO OPTIONS!

Most people who browse the web aren't feature-junkies and 99% of people don't need these options.
I agree, however, Google is targeting (at least, according to their marketing campaign) at this 1% of users.
I mean, firstly, how many average users even care about a multi-process/threaded browser?
Heh, there's already an exploit for Chrome out in the wild. Toungue
Well its of course theres going to be an exploit - there will always be for something new. Take a look at firefox. Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7