MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome Browser release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Well, I used the mem thing to test IE 8 Beta 2 vs Firefo 3.0.1 vs Chrome:
Gonna give it a try too! Smile
Personally, I'm lovin this browser. And if I'm thinking this way, certainly others must be too. MS(IE) is in DEEP trouble imo. I can see a big share of browser biz going down the toilet. Google made a great move and choice imo.

Regards
Yes Poor Microsoft.

First firefox now Chrome. Microsoft can't create a browser. Toungue
Chrome doesn't have a lot of necessary features. Their is a bug; the spell check doesn't work properly.
It also copied a plethora of features from firefox.
True, chrome has a lot of features ripped off from firefox (omnibar = awesome bar) and ie (incognito = InPrivate/multi threading), but there are some nice things about it, like the UI is very clean. But I need addons. Sad

And I hope that IE8 fixes up IE, I want competition, and IE to be a great browser in terms of speed and features.
(2008-09-02, 08:15 PM)Cool_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]True, chrome has a lot of features ripped off from firefox (omnibar = awesome bar) and ie (incognito = InPrivate/multi threading), but there are some nice things about it, like the UI is very clean. But I need addons. Sad

And I hope that IE8 fixes up IE, I want competition, and IE to be a great browser in terms of speed and features.

If Microsoft remove the smooth scrolling, it will have a new different feel and others will use it. I just hate smooth scrolling (It's rubbish). Toungue
(2008-09-02, 08:15 PM)Cool_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]True, chrome has a lot of features ripped off from firefox (omnibar = awesome bar) and ie (incognito = InPrivate/multi threading), but there are some nice things about it, like the UI is very clean. But I need addons. Sad

Here's the Wall Street Journal opinion I found very interesting

http://ptech.allthingsd.com/20080902/fir...w-browser/
Woah I just noticed a major feature its missing. It doesn't seem to support RSS.
As you can see, it basiclly combines all the unique features from other browsers, and displays web pages using WebKit.

Its pretty good I guess, but I won't be swapping to it. I hate the way it looks when you select text in webkit by the way.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7