MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome Browser release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
There are 2 critical flaws in it so far: http://traps.darkmindz.com/2008/09/follo...-revealed/
I've been using Chrome quite a lot, and my thoughts about this are just getting worse every hour...

First, I have problems with images - but only sometimes... it randomly decides whether it chooses to load images or not. Sometimes it does, sometimes it will half-load them... then it has problems with basic CSS - I can't even look at myBB's homepage without it looking like something from 1998...

Then I found this article - Google's Omnibox could be Pandora's Box

Worrying? It is to me... I disabled the auto-suggest - great feature, I admit, but let it suggest things from my history rather than have Google scour their servers, logging my every keystroke.

Then there's the EULA - Google: Our Bad...

This is a company that has data on practically everyone who has used the Internet, and all it can say about it's licence is "Oh well, we'll change it then if you're causing a fuss"...

A great piece of software - if it can sort things out...

One thing I love (typical Google humour) - going to report a broken website - "Browser crash - go boom"... Toungue
Meh.
It's alright.
I don't think it's that good though.
I don't like how they pulled a microsoft*, and made the x/minimize/etc. buttons like vista.

* - Microsoft did this with MSN.
Quote:First, I have problems with images - but only sometimes... it randomly decides whether it chooses to load images or not. Sometimes it does, sometimes it will half-load them...

Sounds like a problem on your end, since both Opera and Firefox do that to me here, but to make sure, go to "Options", open the "Under the Hood" tab and find the Mized Content settings.

Quote:then it has problems with basic CSS - I can't even look at myBB's homepage without it looking like something from 1998...

It is using WebKit, which is the most standards compliant renedering engine on the planet (dunno about IE8's one though). WebKit is shared by Safari, and MyBB is working both on Safari and Chrome here.

My major gripe is still the massive lack of features (particularly not being able to disable images), but I love the interface.
I've used google chrome for a few hours now... I think it's pretty fast.
Decent browser.. but it's ugly! Toungue
Its fast, but all it does is spys on you.
All it does it take your data from the Omnibox, and possibly the search box - nothing incriminating. If you're going to type your passwords and credit card numers into the address bos, thats your own problem.
I just saw another buy in wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Chro...rity_flaws something about filling up memory.
The newest update still has the trackpad bug.
I'm a big fan of Mozilla and plan on sticking with them. The way Google is about "taking" your browsing information makes me rather uncomfortable.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7