MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Chrome Browser release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2008-09-02, 11:59 PM)Cool_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can install a plugin for firefox which gives firefox a excellent AERO interface. Smile

I hope firefox just gets the stuff like multithreading and adds it to firefox.

I have yet to see a truly wonderful Aero interface for Firefox...
(2008-09-03, 12:14 AM)Justin S. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-09-02, 11:59 PM)Cool_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you can install a plugin for firefox which gives firefox a excellent AERO interface. Smile

I hope firefox just gets the stuff like multithreading and adds it to firefox.

I have yet to see a truly wonderful Aero interface for Firefox...

Did you try Glasser?
What do you think of mine? I'm using the Glasser firefox extension.
Never heard of "Glasser" - may try it out. Does it work with any theme, or just an IE7-esque theme?
With any theme. I'm using some other plugins for the IE look, but glasser works with the default firefox theme.
WOW i got google chrome installed now and dam its good it using less RAM then FF on this computer Big Grin
My comparison.

[Image: 152-090208-203551.png]

As you can see...Opera rocks them all. This is all browsers with only Mybb Forum open...well actually I have 4 windows open in Opera (and it still kicks arse). Opera also has a full email client, irc client and torrent client. All in one neat package.

I will say I LOVE the new Chrome. It is very fast and sleak. I will for sure be using it. Pages seem to load ultra fast and my Opera 9.5x has been imho a disappointment overall. I can totally see myself using Chrome 100% and just using the gmail site instead of a mail client (so 90's).
^ Actually Opera is eating up a lot of swap..

Worried about RAM usage and my opening 30+ tabs at once...
Meh, let's see how extensions go. Would also like to see how speed compares with Minefield when I get home...
My copy using the following

Memory (private working set) : 15,952 k
Don't care about RAM usage since I have enough RAM...but otherwise, its pretty damn good.

Its not feature packed (I would've expected Google to create a browser powerful enough to blow Firefox and Opera out of the water in terms of features), but it does what a web browser is supposed to do - browse the web. Its the best interface I've seen in a browser and finally a browser OTHER than Opera that allows you te detach tabs - a dream for multi-monitor setups.

The home page dealy is pretty slick, and probably a more intelligent design than Opera's speed dial (bookmark bar could be useful). The source viewer is pretty good, but it does not allow you to edit and save live pages as Opera does. The application shortcuts is a very nice idea - not something you'd normally think to do, and offers a nicer application feel than a standard internet shortcut.

I'll stick with Opera, but Chrome's outphased Safari for my WebKit testing.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7