MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] CAPTCHA login protection bug [R] [C-Rcpalace]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Why can't the fail login attempts be cleared from the database automatically after the 15min wait? Does the member.php file provided on page 3 actually clear the attempts after 15mins, or does it simply replace the failed logins 15 min wait period with a captcha system?
The captcha system was always intended to be there, it just didn't work, resulting in you being locked out for 15 mins. Using the file will sort if if you're on 1.4.4
So the failed login attempt limit should remain enabled after the new member.php is uploaded? Correct?
Presumably, but it shouldn't cause problems like it seems to have now.
This is not working for me, the captcha still doesn't show up and account gets locked out. I downloaded the member.php and uploaded it to forum main directory, still not working. Captcha has never shown up for me, and after the 15 min wait, you can login. The captcha setting within admin cp is enabled also.
If I'm right, I believe our CAPTCHA uses some functions that some hosts may have turned off.
What functions are those? It works on registration, so I am sure my host has the functions enabled.
(2009-01-12, 02:08 AM)Life Wrote: [ -> ]What functions are those? It works on registration, so I am sure my host has the functions enabled.

Please make sure your uploading it correctly.
well, it just happened on a forum i was on, i cleared the cookies once and logged me in now i cant log back in because of that verification code error. username :Indigo_Red
I uploaded it to the main directory of my forum, the same place where index.php is located. Where am I suppose to upload it? This issue needs to be fixed. I think the source of the problem is that the failed logins are not being cleared after the 15mins. Is there any way to use the task manager to clear failed logins every 6 hours or so?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10