MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] CAPTCHA login protection bug [R] [C-Rcpalace]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Trust me, it is uploaded. I can download the member.php file from my server and post it here for verification. Is there anyway I can automatically change "loginattempts" for every account back to 0 each day using the task manager in the ACP in the admin panel?

Also, what is the difference between "attempted logins" and "failed logins" within phpmyadmin. And, does the template you use determine if Captcha shows or not?
Problem fixed, the problem was that {$captcha} was not in Templates-->Member Templates-->Member_Login. The {$captcha} was not in the template on the login page. If I wouldn't of had a problem with IE user login, I would of never found this.
(2009-01-18, 09:21 PM)Life Wrote: [ -> ]Problem fixed, the problem was that {$captcha} was not in Templates-->Member Templates-->Member_Login. The {$captcha} was not in the template on the login page. If I wouldn't of had a problem with IE user login, I would of never found this.

You need to read the instructions and update your templates when you update versions then
thanks for the patch ^_^
Thankyou for this file update.

I had the same problem of the capture image and input box not appearing on a wrong password, but the member.php update fixed this.

For those talking about the 15 mins waiting time, if you go into your "User Registration and Profile Options" and set the "Number of times to allow failed logins" to 1 or more, hit "Save Settings" and then go BACK INTO the User Reg and Profile options page, directly underneath the failed login number option you will now have a "Time between failed logins" entry which you can change to 0 or 1 or anything. This changes the 15 mins time delay.

Thanks again for sorting this problem - I recommend making this hotfix known as an important update!!

Sam
I uploaded the new php script and had no trouble afterward. Thanks for providing a fix so quickly. We litterally just ran into the problem last week and within a few hours I found this page.

All the best.
What exactly did the member.php file that Ryan made patch? On my forums, my issue is that I forgot to implement the logincoverter plugin when I did the merge system from phpBB3 and I'm forced to tell all my users to use the password reset function. However, one of my users got confused with the captcha saying it wasn't showing up where it was supposed to. I had to get the API key and make the captcha work and then he says the captcha was unreadable. I had to manually insert the password he wanted to have on his account into his account via the admin panel because he was getting agitated.
This isn't linked to the loginconvert plugin. Is that plugin activated now?? Can you printscreen how the captcha was 'unreadable'??
Yea, I know...I'm just stating how my issue was caused as it relates to this thread. But what exactly does the member.php file patch that Ryan posted up. As for the screenshot, I can't because that was an issue that a user on my forums encountered while trying to do the password reset. I adjusted the registration settings so that users are able to have failed logins numerous times not the default 15.
As far as I know it simply fixes the problem that the captcha wasn't there when it was meant to be.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10