MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] CAPTCHA login protection bug [R] [C-Rcpalace]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2009-01-19, 05:26 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-18, 09:21 PM)Life Wrote: [ -> ]Problem fixed, the problem was that {$captcha} was not in Templates-->Member Templates-->Member_Login. The {$captcha} was not in the template on the login page. If I wouldn't of had a problem with IE user login, I would of never found this.

You need to read the instructions and update your templates when you update versions then

Questions I looked in the member_login on the template I use along with the defualt one and I can't find {$captcha} in there. I had the same issue in which a member was stuck in the login loop I overwrote the member.php file didn't work until I switched to the default theme where the captch showed logged in and it worked.
Did you revert the templates to default that the 1.4.4 announcement told you to??
I have not this was a new install of the latest version of MYBB
Worked a treat, thank you!
I downloaded and uploaded the patch given - it has worked great, displayed captcha image, image verification code and everything. Solved member log in problems.

Now there is new problem: Log in attempts are shown captcha image but when typing in verification code exactly as it appears, error says you typed in the wrong code. It gives a new image and when you type it in exactly as it appears, it gives same error. I was able to log on correctly after waiting 15 minutes.

Has anyone else had this error?
Can u please do some modifications ?...
i need to have Re-Captcha image on Login
but in this member.php the orignal captcha system is showing
I don't think we're going to be modifying a core file to allow a 3rd party captcha system to work...
isn't there already a plugin for this? I thought I read something about recaptcha somewhere here.
I had to update the member.php file too, since there was no captcha image. Why is there a captcha image actually? It should only be at registration. And why do I as admin don't have to enter the captcha, but normal users have to?
Obviously if your an admin we know that you're not a robot. Normal users do just to prevent spam bots from coming in and creating accounts. Obviously since they're robots, they can't read the images, hence - they can't fill in the captcha; which means they can't register.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10