MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [ANYONE?] Help Jfusion project!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think that many people know about Jfusion project(Universal Joomla 1.5 Bridge), that contains a plugin for integration with MyBB 1.4.x. And the thing is that since May 2008 Jfusion hasn't had any developer to for MyBB plugin, because previous developer(of MyBB plugin) doesn’t support it any more, and main developers just haven’t enough free time for it, as they are busy working on phpBB and SMF plugins.
Marius, the lead Jfusion developer, said that he had already called MyBB developers and community members to get involved with Jfusion some time ago, but unfortunately it haven’t resulted to any responses.
Current MyBB plugin has almost all basic integration features and as devs said, they’ll try to “maintain it to remain compatible with the JFusion framework upgrades, but are not adding new features to it any more” – because it’s just too difficult(owing to shortage of free time) to work in so many ways at the same time.
Very soon(near Christmas) JFusion 1.1.beta will be released, that will have many new awesome features, but one of the most disappointing news is that there will be no possibility for frameless visual integration for MyBB, as was planned before.

I think Joomla+myBB is one of the best choices at the moment, but unfortunately it has no successful future without a developer to support it.

So if anyone(php/mysql-skilled of course) is willing to take part in further development of MyBB plugin, Jfusion project is always glad for your help!
Hey,

I think I might be able to provide a better insight into this. I'm James, part of the team over at JFusion. I actually did quite a bit of work on the MyBB plugin to get it to run on 1.4. However, I'm more of a php novice and the plugin requires someone else with ample skills to bring it up to scratch.

If you don't already know JFusion (www.jfusion.org), it's an Extension to fully integrate the award winning content management system Joomla! 1.5 (www.jfusion.org) with any PHP/SQL software. JFusion has been under development for just under a year now and we are just reaching our Beta phase. At the moment, the JFusion framework can provide the following features for integration of a software:
  • Single Sign On
  • User Syncronization
  • Visual Integration
  • An activity module - showing the latest posts from selected forums
  • A login module for Joomla to show the user's MyBB avatar and PM's

In the very near future, we will be opening up the following features for plugins (at the moment they're still being tested):
  • Discuss Bot - Allows creation of threads for Joomla articles (all automatic and fully customizable)
  • Integrated Search - Search both Joomla and integrated softwares

All these features are great but require a coder to take on this project and dedicate some of their time to updating the MyBB plugin and bringing it up to scratch. If you're interested at all in joining the JFusion project as the MyBB plugin developer, contact me via PM or express your interest at the JFusion Forums www.jfusion.org.

Thanks for reading,
James
JFusion Project - Support Team Leader & Quality Assurance Leader
Sadly there doesn't seem to be many people on the mybb side that want to integrate with 3rd party scripts. It's not that they're not wanted it's just the people who would have the knowledge to do it don't need it.

It's probably a downfall in the MyBB community but who am I to talk I couldn't do it.

But, it's nice to see a JFusion staff member pushing for this. I hope someone does pick it up for us even though I don't personally like Joomla Undecided.
I'll be saddened a lot if no one wants to take up the time to work on this project. I do not know enough in joomla's way of coding, otherwise I'd pick up on the project. Sad
(2009-01-01, 05:10 PM)bctrainers Wrote: [ -> ]I do not know enough in joomla's way of coding, otherwise I'd pick up on the project. Sad

You don't really need to understand joomla ... just jfusion !

MyBB + Joomla would be a powerful combo.

I myself was thinking of going with this combination but I think I might have to look elsewhere because of the lack of interest in jfusion here.

Maybe MyBB is powerful enough by itself ? It could be, but I'd like the security of Joomla picking up the slack where MyBB is missing something.

/just researching MyBB
(2009-01-01, 05:10 PM)bctrainers Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be saddened a lot if no one wants to take up the time to work on this project. I do not know enough in joomla's way of coding, otherwise I'd pick up on the project. Sad

IMO, Wordpress and Drupal integration would be best for MyBB long-term.
With Joomla we have a plugin which works (or almost does) why doesn't anyone who is able want to help?

EDIT:
FYI, please read this thread and see how our response leads people to think we are a dead community. Confused
(2009-01-06, 05:50 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-01, 05:10 PM)bctrainers Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be saddened a lot if no one wants to take up the time to work on this project. I do not know enough in joomla's way of coding, otherwise I'd pick up on the project. Sad

IMO, Wordpress and Drupal integration would be best for MyBB long-term.
With Joomla we have a plugin which works (or almost does) why doesn't anyone who is able want to help?

EDIT:
FYI, please read this thread and see how our response leads people to think we are a dead community. Confused

I think the aim should be integration with all 3. Personally Drupal, as a CMS is overkill for a lot of people, and involves a learning curve many wont embark upon. Mind you, its extremely rewarding if you do. I use Joomla, its an outstanding CMS, always in the top 3, and probably always will be.

I really hope someone picks this role up. I think a lot of people will use MyBB integration with Joomla.
It is unfortunate the myBB is the only community that does not want to get involved with JFusion and expose itself to the million of Joomla users. We support people from many different communities that were very motivated to make their product integrate with an award winning CMS. Here is a usage comparison between the popular CMS's for those people mentioning Drupal:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=joomla%2C...l%2C+mambo

As the lead developer of JFusion, the myBB plugin is not a priority for me anymore. The funny thing about it is, that most of hard work has already been done as a myBB plugin already exists. However, myBB community does not seem to care about a CMS integration or is too small to even get a response. Either way, it does not justify me spending time on the further development of the myBB JFusion plugin.

Hopefully this might change in the future. Thanks, Marius
^^^
I've recently been testing the current version and it seems to work well with MyBB 1.4.
Your installer is very well designed also.

Thanks for the great work.
(2009-01-09, 11:22 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]^^^
I've recently been testing the current version and it seems to work well with MyBB 1.4.
Your installer is very well designed also.

Thanks for the great work.

Yeah, the basics are there but it would be nice for someone to take on the project of expanding and maintaining this as there's still a lot that can be done with the plugin.

Regards,
James
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7