MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Condition and vbnavbar for 1.4.14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
OK. I did the edit. Don't see any change in my forum, but if it solved/solves a problem, then by all means - thank you.
I get this error

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home2/*******/public_html/global.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 47
God Job!
(2009-03-26, 11:54 PM)okitai Wrote: [ -> ]OK. I did the edit. Don't see any change in my forum, but if it solved/solves a problem, then by all means - thank you.

@okitai: Thanks for the positive feedback (as always) ! Smile The edit should just make the code a tiny bit more valid/tidy - I happened to pick up on it when resolving another issue, which turned out to be the CSS file of the theme itself rather than the navbar (phew!)

(2009-03-29, 06:48 PM)tgo42596 Wrote: [ -> ]I get this error

Quote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CLASS in /home2/*******/public_html/global.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 47

This is a new one for me. Is it possible to check through your edits again at all please? Smile

(2009-03-29, 07:28 PM)JohnD Wrote: [ -> ]God Job!

Thanks Smile Hope this means the vbnavbar is working for you!
B.T.W. @flick, I did found a change - a good one. The error I got when using IE7/8 (mostly 7 - 8 is so much more HTML complaint that most errors are gone), stopped appearing. You know the one: "Done, but with errors" at the bottom.

Edit: As always, in any change, I tested it on IE8 (with and without compliant mode), Firefox (3.0.7 - the 3.0.8 is waiting for me to upgrade) and Google Chrome.
@okitai: Thank you again! Smile Am glad the change did make a significant difference after all!
A very good tutorial but in wrong section Smile
It should be move to tutorial Forum ,
I am going to report to this Smile
Hey, I have a few problems.

The Images aren't showing, there uploaded correctly.
When you click user Cp dropdown, you cant see te text.
And it made my banner go out of my theme.
UPDATE!
The recent release of MyBB 1.4.5 included a change to functions.php. Please use the new version in the first post to overwrite the default functions.php when you upgrade your MyBB installation.

@ghazal: Thanks for your support Smile Historically the original thread was based in 'Plugins - Discussion and Support' but the 'Tutorial' section is very appropriate too.

@Miley: Thanks for your feedback and PM. As suggested in my reply, the banner issue appears to be a result of the banner being wider than the CSS setting for #container (800px vs. 745px); the images also appear to be displaying correctly.

As for the font/text not displaying correctly (as per your PM - where the font for the User CP is white, which does not show up against your white bg) the workaround appears to be this:

td.tcat td.menu_row a:link,
td.tcat td.menu_row a:visited,
td.tcat td.menu_row a:hover,
td.tcat td.menu_row a:active{
	color: #000000;
}

Hope this is helpful
Yes it helped a lot
Thanks and again great work flick
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12