MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using your portal as your site home page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
I did this mod, everything worked fine with one exception :-
the new index (old portal) has a link to forums.php followed by "/portal" (the link works)
in the top left of the display below the header
E.G myforum /portal
forums.php (in the same position) contains just the forum name (no link) at the same position.
Question is which files do I need to edit to reverse this ?
So the result required is the new index.php contains no link and the forums.php contains a link back to index.php

Just found some more slight issues :- when you enter a category the link becomes active again but when clicked takes you back to index.php (portal.php) and not forums.php I guess the answer lies in the forums.php file but my knowledge of php is limited Wink
(2011-06-23, 12:50 PM)JimR Wrote: [ -> ]I did this mod, everything worked fine with one exception :-
the new index (old portal) has a link to forums.php followed by "/portal" (the link works)
in the top left of the display below the header
E.G myforum /portal
forums.php (in the same position) contains just the forum name (no link) at the same position.
Question is which files do I need to edit to reverse this ?
So the result required is the new index.php contains no link and the forums.php contains a link back to index.php

Just found some more slight issues :- when you enter a category the link becomes active again but when clicked takes you back to index.php (portal.php) and not forums.php I guess the answer lies in the forums.php file but my knowledge of php is limited Wink

This is a better .htaccess modification, and you don't have to change filenames:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-43811-p...#pid669708
(2009-01-20, 05:22 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]About the navbar though, I need to find a way to make it go to forums.php

You can change that in global.php:

$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";
In the board tree where it shows the name of your forum board followed by the forum and the thread as board name>forum>thread, how do you change the "board name" link to point to the forums and not the portal? I've done all the changes correctly so far, but this is something I really want done and can't find the code to edit to fix it.
(2011-07-19, 10:55 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-20, 05:22 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]About the navbar though, I need to find a way to make it go to forums.php

You can change that in global.php:

$navbits[0]['url'] = $mybb->settings['bburl']."/index.php";

I tryed it like the thread-opener descriped it 2009. It works, but every time I clicked on a forum, my addressbar shows: .... showthread.. but i still was in the mainforum.
So, the mod do not work.

Quote:RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^enigmachs.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.enigmachs.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.enigmachs\.com\/portal\.php" [R=302,L]

Then I tryed the quoted stuff with renaming the url. And it completly dont work.

So - what is an easy way - to set the portal at index, without rewrite the complete MyBB? The actual stuff seems very cunfusing and problematicly. Just rename portal to index.. didn't work in deeper subforums, and also sounds problematicly.
(2011-12-31, 03:04 PM)SuperEngineer 64 Wrote: [ -> ]I tryed it like the thread-opener descriped it 2009. It works, but every time I clicked on a forum, my addressbar shows: .... showthread.. but i still was in the mainforum.
So, the mod do not work.

Quote:RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^enigmachs.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.enigmachs.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.enigmachs\.com\/portal\.php" [R=302,L]

Then I tryed the quoted stuff with renaming the url. And it completly dont work.

So - what is an easy way - to set the portal at index, without rewrite the complete MyBB? The actual stuff seems very cunfusing and problematicly. Just rename portal to index.. didn't work in deeper subforums, and also sounds problematicly.

advice :- don't try to think out of the box until you understand the principles ... been there & wearing the tee shirt Big Grin
I just edited my .htaccess to put portal.php before index.php
Any link for reference?
Does this work on 1.8?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11