MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using your portal as your site home page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2010-08-18, 01:37 AM)Claire Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-17, 11:22 PM)~Prata Wrote: [ -> ]Well my Tabbed Menu is not working :/ (Plugin from labrocca). It's strange Confused.

Well, that may be due to the fact that that plugin needs to be modified to work with this php trick.

Maybe somewhere it still thinks of the portal as the portal and the forums as the index.

I don't think you can modify his plugins or change any code in them, so I would ask.

If it were a GNU/GPL plugin i'd download it and look into it myself, but aren't all his paid plugins?

If so, it's either one or the other.

Forget it, I turn my forum to normal :/. My Users didn't like that way.
@TS Now Mybb 1.6 those articles stiil able to new versi 1.6 ?
I get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '"' in /home/a4063392/public_html/index.php on line 177
Thanks man this is really nice tutorial!
I think this htaccess entry is better:

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^enigmachs.com$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.enigmachs.com$
RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/www\.enigmachs\.com\/portal\.php" [R=302,L]

Replacing enigmachs.com with your domain. Do not remove the www unless your forums are located on a subdomain. Do not remove the ^ or the slashes either.
This will give you a result like on my forum and requires no template edits.
does this work with 1.6.2? or 1.6.3?
It works on any version afaik.
same this problem i am facing i can't login from home page http://pakbestgamers.com/
I'm just getting started with MyBB, and also am looking to use the portal as the home page.

But before even looking to make any changes. How wise it that we are modding core files, and causing issues for future upgrades?

put the forums in a folder and put portal.php in the site root. rename to index.php. edit the file to change $forumdir variable to whatever folder you put MyBB in.

a few template edits so that the logo goes to the site root, set the homeurl to the site root, board url to the new forums folder.

set you cookie path to "/" and dont include the forum folder in it

simple as that
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11