MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using your portal as your site home page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
simplest solution is to use htaccess (which you need to use for SEO anyway) and make a simple edit to the header template to direct the logo link to portal (or the TLD only) and then add a menu option to link to the portal.
(2010-07-21, 02:04 PM)Byakuya_007 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, i got a white page to, if i am not log in, since i see this post.
In www.moviemania-pt.com you can see the portal page right? and she shows that errors..

rename old? i rename my defualt index.php to forums.php

Quote:And instead of using the HTML urls, use the .php extention?
I, dont know how to do that, do you want to check it? i can give ftp acess.

Ps - How can i solve the "white page problem"?

(2010-07-21, 05:10 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]simplest solution is to use htaccess (which you need to use for SEO anyway) and make a simple edit to the header template to direct the logo link to portal (or the TLD only) and then add a menu option to link to the portal.
Thank you!

And no, I don't need FTP access, this trick may not work for SEO urls, I am sorry.

Pavemen is right, so instead of using this php trick, you may look into either: 1. Turning off SEO urls or installing Proportal and the portal redirect hack. Sorry.
Slight problem with this.

If they are viewing forums.php, on the who's online list it will say:

Forums Main Index, but give the link to http://localhost/mybb/index.php

It won't show forums.php
as i said before, put all the original file names and settings back so index is index and portal isportal.tbhen set the htaccess directoryindex and be done with it.
Changing this will not interfere with any plugins? It's Safe? ^^
(2010-08-17, 10:35 PM)~Prata Wrote: [ -> ]Changing this will not interfere with any plugins? It's Safe? ^^

Which bit?

A lot was discussed in this thread.
(2010-08-17, 10:40 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-08-17, 10:35 PM)~Prata Wrote: [ -> ]Changing this will not interfere with any plugins? It's Safe? ^^

Which bit?

A lot was discussed in this thread.

Like Google SEO for example.
I don't think so, as it doesn't really change much anyway. Go ahead, it's safe.

If anything happens, you can easily revert these changes.
Well my Tabbed Menu is not working :/ (Plugin from labrocca). It's strange Confused.
(2010-08-17, 11:22 PM)~Prata Wrote: [ -> ]Well my Tabbed Menu is not working :/ (Plugin from labrocca). It's strange Confused.

Well, that may be due to the fact that that plugin needs to be modified to work with this php trick.

Maybe somewhere it still thinks of the portal as the portal and the forums as the index.

I don't think you can modify his plugins or change any code in them, so I would ask.

If it were a GNU/GPL plugin i'd download it and look into it myself, but aren't all his paid plugins?

If so, it's either one or the other.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11