MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using your portal as your site home page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
You could technically use .htaccess and a little PHP if you want to make forums.php come up as /forums/ as well. (Just an idea)
(2009-02-04, 12:01 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]You could technically use .htaccess and a little PHP if you want to make forums.php come up as /forums/ as well. (Just an idea)

RewriteRule forums/ forums.php
(2009-02-04, 12:04 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-04, 12:01 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]You could technically use .htaccess and a little PHP if you want to make forums.php come up as /forums/ as well. (Just an idea)

I was thinking that too, but how do you transform any /forum.php or /index.php links into /forums/ links? Kinda like what the SEO plugin does? So there wouldn't be any duplicate content.
(2009-02-04, 02:04 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]

I was thinking that too, but how do you transform any /forum.php or /index.php links into /forums/ links? Kinda like what the SEO plugin does? So there wouldn't be any duplicate content.
I don't think you could. You could move index.php(forums.php) to forums, and then just do:
RewriteRule forums/ forums/index.php
(2009-02-04, 02:07 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-04, 02:04 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't think you could. You could move index.php(forums.php) to forums, and then just do:
RewriteRule forums/ forums/index.php
An SEO plugin did that.
Yeah I know (@Beatrix Kiddo). But I was asking if it was possible to make the portal.php as mysite.domain, and the forums mysite.domain/forum (or forum.mysite.domain.. whatever).
(2009-02-04, 03:32 PM)Icy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know (@Beatrix Kiddo). But I was asking if it was possible to make the portal.php as mysite.domain, and the forums mysite.domain/forum (or forum.mysite.domain.. whatever).

Yes, it's possible. Toungue
If you type in either yoursite.domian or yoursite.domain/index.php it will be the same. Toungue
How do you get to the forum off the portal?
Add a link in the header template.
Ok now your talking some foreign language. Can i do that from the admin panel?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11