MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using your portal as your site home page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
it should work. never done it on 1.8 tho.
this tutorial dont be needed like this since the new mybb you can do it easy, call index.php -> forums.php and portal.php call it index.php all problems solved.
(2016-02-07, 12:45 PM)Wazzyl Wrote: [ -> ]this tutorial dont be needed like this since the new mybb you can do it easy, call index.php -> forums.php and portal.php call it index.php all problems solved.

hi today how i can have my member login page when we go at my forum index page

i want to replace the index page the home page i mean for the member login page. how ?
Goodness gracious! This thread is 14 years old! No way am I recovering my original account, haha.
I really should download MyBB again and see what new changes have been made.

I really should go through the entirety of this thread after looking over all the advice from the previous pages, including the .htaccess tips, document my changes and see if they're even needed as the last few replies seem to hint at.

I think it goes without saying that MyBB's portal is a very important part of their base package, to the point where many of you sought out this tutorial, added your knowledge to it, and posted needed changes in the source code, which is something I've never really done with open source software until I used MyBB, and that this software can give any modern software a run for it's money.

You all also, as did I in the first post, mentioned the pro portal plugin, I've still never used it, but it goes to show you that MyBB's portal is in demand, high enough for everyday use and customization purposes.

Here's hoping there a more advanced portal system for MyBB 2.0, and that it stays as a part of the project going forward.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11