MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Using your portal as your site home page.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2009-02-04, 06:18 PM)Beatrix Kiddo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-02-04, 03:32 PM)Icy Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I know (@Beatrix Kiddo). But I was asking if it was possible to make the portal.php as mysite.domain, and the forums mysite.domain/forum (or forum.mysite.domain.. whatever).

Yes, it's possible. Toungue
(...)
How? I tried just moving the portal.php file to the root.. and it didn't work correctly.
Please help.
(2009-02-06, 08:59 PM)alphamale Wrote: [ -> ]Ok now your talking some foreign language. Can i do that from the admin panel?

Yes, in the template manager, open the header template, copy the code for an existing toplink and edit it to point to the forum.
:O thanks a lot Smile
works great thanks
Hmm and what if I upgrade my forums? I would have to overwrite the files :/
(2009-04-26, 09:45 AM)Icy Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm and what if I upgrade my forums? I would have to overwrite the files :/

No, just rename them once again.
As long as you keep config.php and setting.php alone during the upgrade process, then everything will be fine!
I want the logo to be clickable and redirect to forums.php. But if I change the URL of forums in General Configuration it links to mydomain/forums.php/index.php (since I added the /forums.php to the forums URL) which screws the layout.

Any solution? Please!
You'll need to edit the link in the header template.
Yeah ok. But what about the screwed layout? It's like those pages in grey, with blue links. No images and all that.
Oh, no you don't add a file name to the board URL, that's why there isn't one there by defualt, it shouldn't have one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11