MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thanks for your feedback Smile

I'm working on a better looking submenu right now.
Oh, and either use the MyBB image GDK, or make some custom buttons?
Working on those as I type.
(2009-01-28, 10:36 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly, I don't see the reason for the entire theme to be removed. I think the color scheme is pretty good, I know the navigation bar needs major improving.

Other than that, I don't see whats wrong with it.

Then you've already made up your mind and no criticism, constructive or not, will save you. Well, we'll see how many subscriptions you get.

FYI, you can't even view the theme previews without being registered. You should probably do something about that.
I wouldn't charge a free especially with a new forum, try to get a good theme and user base, then do paid
(2009-01-29, 02:28 AM)tgo42596 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't charge a free especially with a new forum, try to get a good theme and user base, then do paid
If I offer the themes for free, and then start charging for them, people will get upset because they had to pay while others got it for free. It would also be hard for me to tell who got it before and after. That isn't an option for me.

@Bey Brad: It's because they are attachments. You need to be registered to see attachments. I may decided to upload them to the server directly instead, IDK.
You can make it so people don't need to be registered to see attachments. It's a shame you want to charge already.:s
(2009-01-29, 03:06 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]You can make it so people don't need to be registered to see attachments. It's a shame you want to charge already.:s

Because of this, I doubt anyone will join at all. Why pay for those themes when you get better ones for free? If you're are going to charge for things on your board, make it things that people will actually pay for.
(2009-01-29, 03:06 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]You can make it so people don't need to be registered to see attachments. It's a shame you want to charge already.:s
I can't set it to that, because the file for the theme itself is an attachment. I have just added links to the screenshots, they are uploaded via FTP not via attachments.

And once again, if I ever want to charge, I have to do it from the beginning.
(2009-01-29, 03:18 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
And once again, if I ever want to charge, I have to do it from the beginning.
Not true. I've seen many sites offer free and paid themes, and some of them converted to being fully-paid theme/plugin services, without losing any members/supporters. You just need to have good enough themes and not have outrageous prices.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10