MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Studios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2009-01-29, 11:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]But to think your current theme looks good -- especially for someone who is charging for themes is absolutely delusional
Once again, you fail to explain your reasoning. How can I possibly know what's wrong with it if you are not giving me info? At least Beatrix Kiddo told me what was bad about it (the submenu), and I gladly changed that.
(2009-01-29, 11:17 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-29, 11:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]But to think your current theme looks good -- especially for someone who is charging for themes is absolutely delusional
Once again, you fail to explain your reasoning. How can I possibly know what's wrong with it if you are not giving me info? At least Beatrix Kiddo told me what was bad about it (the submenu), and I gladly changed that.
You could've nicely explained that earlier:s
I agree the default theme looks, bland. But you will get better in time. And I do have to say the Valentines one looks really awesome. Great job on it. Smile
(2009-01-29, 11:19 PM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]
You could've nicely explained that earlier:s
Zash Wrote:Any reason why it's awful? Nobody improves just by getting an 'it's awful'. Anything specific?
My original response to Zash, and after that, I received the whole ezboard thing.
(2009-01-29, 11:20 PM)Dalton Wrote: [ -> ]I agree the default theme looks, bland. But you will get better in time. And I do have to say the Valentines one looks really awesome. Great job on it. Smile
Thanks Smile

If you're such a great theme designer that you feel people should pay money for your themes -- as opposed to all of the beautiful free themes -- you should be able to figure it out, but since you can't, I suppose I can do your homework for you.

It would appear that you've made some alterations to your page over the past two days so it's not as egregiously mediocre as it was previously. This would indicate that you at least acknowledged some flaws.

The colour scheme is blue and grey. Not necessarily bad, but you appear to have used the blandest shades available. There's no real colour in it -- despite your claim to bring colour to my MyBB! -- so this appears to be a bit hypocritical.

In a somewhat odd decision, you've chosen to use the default MyBB buttons instead of designing your own. I can only assume you did this out of laziness because they certainly don't match, and quite frankly this reflects poorly on you as you weren't even able to customize all the images for your theme, something that amateur skinners like myself who only do it for personal use seem to find quite easy.

Rather lazily, you've left the system .gifs with the white border -- as opposed to replacing them with .pngs or recolors -- so they look quite ugly, jagged and out of place against the grey background.

You seemed unable to come up with a coherent design theme. You're using the default buttons, a childish -- and frankly ugly -- font in the header, and an oddly serious, formal font for your menu. In fact, the menu at the top is the only thing keeping your theme tolerable, but even so it could be designed to give it more depth and less rigidity. The borders between the words do nothing for your cause.

All in all, it's just the default MyBB theme with some images and CSS replaced. There's a small bit of customization in the header, but nothing miraculous. You use default images and almost completely default templates with no customization given to the postbit or anything to make your theme stand out. Frankly, your theme is only worthy to be relegated to the lower tier free themes, and can't hold its own to Afresh, Aardvark or a number of other free themes that are gorgeous.

There. Happy?
Are you implying I'm lazy as well Bey Brad? I have yet to replace the default images on my theme, and users still say they like it. I'll PM you a link to my site if you want to see it..
(2009-01-30, 01:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

If you're such a great theme designer that you feel people should pay money for your themes -- as opposed to all of the beautiful free themes -- you should be able to figure it out, but since you can't, I suppose I can do your homework for you.

It would appear that you've made some alterations to your page over the past two days so it's not as egregiously mediocre as it was previously. This would indicate that you at least acknowledged some flaws.

The colour scheme is blue and grey. Not necessarily bad, but you appear to have used the blandest shades available. There's no real colour in it -- despite your claim to bring colour to my MyBB! -- so this appears to be a bit hypocritical.

In a somewhat odd decision, you've chosen to use the default MyBB buttons instead of designing your own. I can only assume you did this out of laziness because they certainly don't match, and quite frankly this reflects poorly on you as you weren't even able to customize all the images for your theme, something that amateur skinners like myself who only do it for personal use seem to find quite easy.

Rather lazily, you've left the system .gifs with the white border -- as opposed to replacing them with .pngs or recolors -- so they look quite ugly, jagged and out of place against the grey background.

You seemed unable to come up with a coherent design theme. You're using the default buttons, a childish -- and frankly ugly -- font in the header, and an oddly serious, formal font for your menu. In fact, the menu at the top is the only thing keeping your theme tolerable, but even so it could be designed to give it more depth and less rigidity. The borders between the words do nothing for your cause.

All in all, it's just the default MyBB theme with some images and CSS replaced. There's a small bit of customization in the header, but nothing miraculous. You use default images and almost completely default templates with no customization given to the postbit or anything to make your theme stand out. Frankly, your theme is only worthy to be relegated to the lower tier free themes, and can't hold its own to Afresh, Aardvark or a number of other free themes that are gorgeous.

There. Happy?
Yes, thank you. I am a lot happier. See, with this, I can actually see what is wrong with my theme and what to fix.

I'm actually considering that instead of using this theme at all, I will simply put up a live preview of my latest release.

BTW, I was just excited about this skin I'm working on right now, so I am posting a small sneak-peak here. I think you might like it Smile
[attachment=12571]
(2009-01-30, 01:20 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-01-30, 01:12 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

There. Happy?
Yes, thank you. I am a lot happier. See, with this, I can actually see what is wrong with my theme and what to fix.

I'm actually considering that instead of using this theme at all, I will simply put up a live preview of my latest release.

BTW, I was just excited about this skin I'm working on right now, so I am posting a small sneak-peak here. I think you might like it Smile
Hm. Kinda hard to say if I'll like it or not if that's all I can seeToungue
(2009-01-30, 01:22 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Hm. Kinda hard to say if I'll like it or not if that's all I can seeToungue
I'll post it soon enough. I'm getting the theme down pretty quickly. I'll take a little longer time on the graphics though.
(2009-01-30, 01:14 AM)TomL Wrote: [ -> ]Are you implying I'm lazy as well Bey Brad? I have yet to replace the default images on my theme, and users still say they like it. I'll PM you a link to my site if you want to see it..

I see it as a bit of a lazy practice if you've customized the rest of your theme, but to be fair, I hate the default images for MyBB, and you're also not asking people to pay for your skinning ability.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10