MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Petition) Distinction between "Premium" and "Free" Plugin & Themes Thread Releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(2009-06-04, 04:11 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-03, 05:52 PM)ghazal Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, I will not suggest adding Tags to the Release Threads,
If you put those Free Plugins in Free forum and Premium Plugins in Premium forum , then its kinda easy for the users ,
Is'nt it ?

This looks more professional, and if Premium becomes too active, less people will make free ones.

And that will be the end of MYBB especially after just viewing the mods forum on SMF ( which blows us/mybb away ) where all of the paid mods/Plugins found here are there for FREE.
So what if they have more free mods. Most of the paid mods here are not buy one get one. They are cheap and you subscribe to sites. It's like $5 per a site and you may not need to join them all. If you can't afford $5 a year you aren't a serous forum. As that means you can't afford hosting or a domain either.

Plus, just because they have more free mods doens't mean all the mods are up to date, good, and SMF sucks Toungue.
(2009-06-09, 01:22 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]If you can't afford $5 a year you aren't a serous forum. As that means you can't afford hosting or a domain either.
+10 to that.
I agree, completely. Some sort of distinction needs to be made.
(2009-06-09, 01:22 AM)NetSage Wrote: [ -> ]So what if they have more free mods. Most of the paid mods here are not buy one get one. They are cheap and you subscribe to sites. It's like $5 per a site and you may not need to join them all. If you can't afford $5 a year you aren't a serous forum. As that means you can't afford hosting or a domain either.
Don't make assumptions.
MyBB is free for a reason.
I understand that yumi. But, he was only talking mods Toungue. And, honestly there are tons more free mods than paid still.
You can get domains and get hosting for free though..... som epeople are that cheap
(2009-06-09, 04:00 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]You can get domains and get hosting for free though..... som epeople are that cheap

Well i am not one of them so make no mistakes about that. I pay for mine. I as well have a fully up to date IPB forum I pay for and that site has three servers for just it. One for the forum and the other two for everything else. So AGAIN lets drop this crap about people just wanting to be cheap. See Yumi reply. STOP assuming.
I wasn't. I was stating some are. Or are to young etc etc etc.

This is needed BA's can we have some action?
(2009-06-11, 01:56 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]I wasn't. I was stating some are. Or are to young etc etc etc.

This is needed BA's can we have some action?

NP. All is good. Smile I agree as i know there is those like that.

I just dont see why people just cant mark thier thread "Premium" or "Free". I still think thats the best solution. fwiw
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7