MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Petition) Distinction between "Premium" and "Free" Plugin & Themes Thread Releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think some sort of discretion should be made between free and paid. I doubt anyone will go for this, but what if there's a group - Premium(or something - and only the users in that group can view the premium plugins?
Well, I have seen such a similar problem at Ipb and they have sorted it out in a very handy way in my opinion. The way that they have done it, is they have filtered it giving the users the options to see only the free plugins for ex if they don''t want to see the paid ones. I think something like that can be done here too.
(2009-06-30, 12:51 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have seen such a similar problem at Ipb and they have sorted it out in a very handy way in my opinion. The way that they have done it, is they have filtered it giving the users the options to see only the free plugins for ex if they don''t want to see the paid ones. I think something like that can be done here too.

I'd like to see them though. i subscribe to Mybbcentral. thats all.
I think the post icon is a great idea; it would be a good start, and hands down the most simple solution, too. Zero effort for the board administration (only have to add the new icon) as well as for the plugin authors (only have to edit their thread). And unlike a forum restructure, it wouldn't get in the way later when there's demand for a more sophisticated solution.

I'd even suggest adding two icons. Plugin threads then could fall into three categories:

- Money ($) icon: this is a paid plugin.
- Copyright (©) icon: this is a free plugin, but a backlink / copyright notice is required.
- No (or any other) icon: this is a free plugin, no strings attached.
MyBB is growing, why not go with sub-forums, "free" and "paid"?
"Free" = no money cost, and can still have other terms.

EDIT:
Oops...

Some individual plugins have a free and deluxe (paid) version.
Would the author then make a thread in each sub-forum???
and...
Two threads is very messy since support related info would be split into two places.
This thread seems to be leading nowhere
(2009-06-30, 03:10 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-06-30, 12:51 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I have seen such a similar problem at Ipb and they have sorted it out in a very handy way in my opinion. The way that they have done it, is they have filtered it giving the users the options to see only the free plugins for ex if they don''t want to see the paid ones. I think something like that can be done here too.

I'd like to see them though. i subscribe to Mybbcentral. thats all.

Sure, whoever wants to see both categories can see them. It is meant more for those that don''t want to see the paid plugins. But I agree with Pirata Nervo above that this discussion seems to be leading nowhere. Hopefully the mybb staff will come up with a solution that will sit down with both categories.
(2009-06-30, 06:52 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]This thread seems to be leading nowhere

"I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." ~Thomas Edison

This thread has successfully documented why the subject does not currently have a simple solution. Toungue

####

Maybe a couple icons is the best idea:

(2009-06-30, 04:37 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]I'd even suggest adding two icons. Plugin threads then could fall into three categories:

- Money ($) icon: this is a paid plugin.
- Copyright (©) icon: this is a free plugin, but a backlink / copyright notice is required.
- No (or any other) icon: this is a free plugin, no strings attached.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7