MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Petition) Distinction between "Premium" and "Free" Plugin & Themes Thread Releases
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
It seems like some people want everything for free and they are very selfish. Cos the only thing they think and care about it is only themselves. If they stood still for a coupla minutes and think that these guys that create plug-ins and themes put a lot of work and effort into it, and not to mention that they have costs as well, then they would see the error of their thinkings. And as for Labrocca, he seems a very talented coder and he has created some very nice plug-ins as far as I could see at a glance at his forum and 5 dollars a year is nothing at all. Skip a day at your local pub and there you go Big Grin And the fact that he donates to mybb every month deserves respect and recognition. At least he has my respect for that.
If it's necessary to make free plugins instead of paid ones, count me on it, I don't have any problems. Smile
I don't think a tag should be required on all new releases. It should more or less be the authors choice. After all, it's not very difficult to determine who's plugins are free or not.

A [$5 Subscription Required] tag for plugins would be sufficient enough. Basically, only tag the ones that aren't free, since that's just wasting space otherwise.
1. I don't like the term premium. It implies quality when some paid plugins suck.
2. [$5 Subscription Required] is ugly. I tried a few various prefix and suffix on one of my threads and it didn't look right. Thread titles shouldn't be sacrificed to appease a distinction.
3. I still think best solution is subforums but of course this is based on mybb making a decision.

I am totally for the distinction. I don't think it will hurt me or other authors one bit. Heck it might help. Having a section or even a prefix would probably legitimize the controversial paid plugins that some are very much against.
Just make a $ post icon. lol
lmao perfect solution Toungue
yeah I guess it would be the best one. Or maybe a subforum
(2009-06-11, 03:57 PM)babjusi Wrote: [ -> ]It seems like some people want everything for free and they are very selfish. Cos the only thing they think and care about it is only themselves. If they stood still for a coupla minutes and think that these guys that create plug-ins and themes put a lot of work and effort into it, and not to mention that they have costs as well, then they would see the error of their thinkings.

Exactly what I want to say...!

(2009-06-11, 09:14 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Just make a $ post icon. lol

hi hi hi Big Grin

IMHO if you use thread description plugin, made by perhaps Imad Jomaa, then it would be easy for thread posters to write the description under the threads title that would be clearly visible for the readers at forum display page...!
Seriously, why not use post icons? Is that not what they're for?
hmm.. Yes yours idea is not too bad actually...
[Image: 5fa52b0cfec67f9c39625b21ca99f7d3.gif]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7