MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recent explosion of paid themes and plugins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
It's all about the author's choice. If he chooses to charge money, then so be it. If nobody wants to buy it, well, sucks for him.
Same.

But, at the end of the day, the author is just trying to earn some extra cash, to help with his/her upkeep. Toungue
(2009-07-21, 04:48 PM)Murloc Wrote: [ -> ]I know but more people will download it if it's free and outstanding. Which means that there will be bunch of people ready to donate huge amounts of money. The best gift for plugin author is popularity which would make them popular in community as well across other boards. As i said no plugin should be charged no matter how complicated it is. Donation is better choice which earns more money then charging for it.

I sincerely doubt that donations for themes or for MyBB itself are incredibly common. I honestly haven't donated to MyBB yet because most of my money goes towards custom plugin development. I don't have a problem with people charging if they're producing something worth paying for. The problem is, it often isn't worth what the author thinks it is.

(2009-07-21, 04:58 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about the author's choice. If he chooses to charge money, then so be it. If nobody wants to buy it, well, sucks for him.

If this is truly all you have to add to the discussion, why bother posting at all? We get it, you have paid items.
(2009-07-21, 04:58 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]It's all about the author's choice. If he chooses to charge money, then so be it. If nobody wants to buy it, well, sucks for him.

Very true :p
(2009-07-21, 05:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

If this is truly all you have to add to the discussion, why bother posting at all? We get it, you have paid items.

I was voicing my opinions to him.
It's people like you who get under my skin.
(2009-07-21, 05:03 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]

I was voicing my opinions to him.
It's people like you who get under my skin. Normally I wouldn't do this, but I've added you to my ignore list.
To just say, "well, sucks for him" isn't really a productive thing to say, especially after posting in this thread several times and making your position fairly clear. As someone who is offering premium content, I would hope you'd have something a bit more insightful to say.

That being said, I'm surprised you'd expect people to pay you for a theme when you can't pay for a domain ... Confused

Looking through your site even more, you're charging for content even though you only have thirteen members. And you decided to make a news post about adding a "premium themes" section, even though there is actually nothing in that section. This is exactly the sort of poor position that I am addressing, and some of us are trying to remedy. You are not going to be able to make income this way.

Anyway, it's too bad that you felt it easier to ignore someone with a viewpoint that differs from yours instead of contributing to the discussion in a way that doesn't amount to much more than "screw you, got mine" attitude. Regardless, I'm sure I'll manage to get to sleep tonight.
I'm not going to go over my plans, because I don't have any. I adapt to the situation as I see best fit. We will see, in the end, who was right and who was wrong. From the looks of things, you are judging my level of success before I have even began.

I guess I'll try un-ignoring you. We'll see how long that lasts though.
(2009-07-21, 06:03 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not going to go over my plans, because I don't have any.

From the looks of things, you are judging my level of success before I have even began.

I am judging your work based on what you have publicly presented. I do not see that as unfair.
Well, I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of me not releasing a premium theme yet. If you're judging the site, which I may have been too blind to see, that's fine.
(2009-07-21, 06:09 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm looking at it from the viewpoint of me not releasing a premium theme yet. If you're judging the site, which I may have been too blind to see, that's fine.

Yes, but why would you launch a premium themes section if you had no premium themes to place in that section? Don't you think that looks unprofessional?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21