MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Facebook style dock and friends system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
I dont Found 'Add to buddy list' but i found this

[attachment=15835]

i also notice my /images/fbDock image file are not showing

[attachment=15836]

no red image on notification

[attachment=15837]

no remove button only when i move my cursor on top ri8 its showing remove button like radio button

i also check my theme both css file are there
[attachment=15838]

1st i thought it is my mistake upload image file on wrong direction then i put all file 2nd copy to my theme folder too but its not working and last of all i dont see any privet massage notification on index file its showing only in fbdock panel

please help how i fix this
(2009-11-03, 01:55 AM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]I installed the FB Dock and its working fine, however when I add more themes, the dock is not showing up on the bottom. It shows up at the top of the screen and its broken up. Any ideas? Thanks
I am sure it is because they don't have both CSS files, since you added the themes after the install. What you need to do is create the two css files for each theme (FBDock.css and FBFriends.css). Then you need to copy the exact css file contents from the theme that it works in and copy it to the new themes.

(2009-11-03, 02:29 PM)bold_handsome Wrote: [ -> ]need to kmow how i add my friend i search everywhere but didnt get where is add friend option fbdoc running on my site without any error but i how i add friend ???? where is add buddy option???
Click the submit friend request link on the user profile page. If the link does not show up then the user has you on their ignore list.
(2009-11-03, 04:57 PM)bold_handsome Wrote: [ -> ]i also notice my /images/fbDock image file are not showing

no red image on notification

no remove button only when i move my cursor on top ri8 its showing remove button like radio button

i also check my theme both css file are there

1st i thought it is my mistake upload image file on wrong direction then i put all file 2nd copy to my theme folder too but its not working and last of all i dont see any privet massage notification on index file its showing only in fbdock panel

please help how i fix this
For the images not showing up. I am wondering what browser you are using and if you have tried it in other browsers. You can PM me a link and login detail and I can take a look.

I don't know what you are asking about with the private message notifications on the index file. Are you talking about the banner across the top letting you know you have a PM? If so then that is a feature with the standard mybb and not provided by this plug in.
im using Firefox browser i also try IE but i cant see any dock when im using IE

if u want u can visit my demo site where i test this mod

i pm u link
I resolved it not working in other themes by doing what you said and then deactivating and reactivating the plugin and all is fine. Thanks
Given issue solved by skywalker2208 bro thanks a lot Big Grin gr8 help
(2009-11-04, 07:19 AM)bold_handsome Wrote: [ -> ]im using Firefox browser i also try IE but i cant see any dock when im using IE

if u want u can visit my demo site where i test this mod

i pm u link

What version of IE you using? Because it doesnt work with some versions.
(2009-11-05, 06:14 AM)bold_handsome Wrote: [ -> ]Given issue solved by skywalker2208 bro thanks a lot Big Grin gr8 help

How about letting everyone else know the solution? I have the same problem. :/
I dont know yet cos skywalker2208 bro sent me a modified plug inc which i download from his server i just download and and installed it as his instruction i also attach this modified pluginc hear but dont know if he (skywalker2208) bro may mind, then im extremely sorry

[attachment=15914]

Please uninstall ur previous version 1st then unzip and upload all file as previous file direction last of all active this plug ins Hope everything is ok then.

im using IE old version cos im not using its default installed when i install winxp. i like to use fierfox i think its better then IE Toungue
So the FBDock is working great. Something I would like to see is on notifications or when friends log online, rather than have to manually click to see them, it would be nice if they auto opened and stay for a pre determined amount of time (configurable) and then went back to normal. So get a PM notification, the notification tab opens up for 5 or 10 seconds and then goes back down. Possible?
(2009-11-09, 06:12 PM)dpdurst Wrote: [ -> ]So the FBDock is working great. Something I would like to see is on notifications or when friends log online, rather than have to manually click to see them, it would be nice if they auto opened and stay for a pre determined amount of time (configurable) and then went back to normal. So get a PM notification, the notification tab opens up for 5 or 10 seconds and then goes back down. Possible?

Thanks you for the suggestion. I think for larger sites it could get annoying. If you have a lot of friends then it could pop up frequently and in the end it could drive the user nuts.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13