MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Advanced Portal V7a
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Is there a way to edit it more.
Editting the portal templates works well for me; by removing the portal .css and editing the HTML to remove the corners so that this picks up my themes I got a pretty cool page (IMO). I use ALL the content boxes on the plug in - remember the framework box supports pics, and if you add an affiliates plug in you can use the toplist boxes for your own content too. As far as possible I use the provided input boxes from the ACP - this makes updates a LOT easier.

Here is my portal: http://livingsims.nl/forum/portal.php
(2010-01-14, 09:06 PM)leesester Wrote: [ -> ]Editting the portal templates works well for me; by removing the portal .css and editing the HTML to remove the corners so that this picks up my themes I got a pretty cool page (IMO). I use ALL the content boxes on the plug in - remember the framework box supports pics, and if you add an affiliates plug in you can use the toplist boxes for your own content too. As far as possible I use the provided input boxes from the ACP - this makes updates a LOT easier.

Here is my portal: http://livingsims.nl/forum/portal.php

Thank you but i dont get how to do this.
What were you looking to do? I might be able to help you a bit (at least edit your template so it picks up themes, and move SOME boxes about for you). Bear in mind that my portal took me a while, and a LOT of trying - but I learnt some HTML doing it, so it would be better in the long run if you did it yourself.

Don't be afraid to play with the template - if it all blows up you can always revert to default Wink - nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Do you know how to open the template to edit it?
I will have a go at playing around with it and i will tell you how it goes.

Edit: i have had it for 5 seconds and already made it look horrible, can you please send me the template codes, i forgot to back them up before i edited it.
ok
you can just revert it you know.

See attached - original file. Open the file, copy - and paste over the changed template
Thank you, and i never did find out what revert does.
Revert will make the template go back to its original state, so if you make a horrible mistake you can change it back.

If you like, I can post the files I changed to make the theme on portal match your site theme? Its a change in the stylesheet you upload to your FTP.
Yeah please.
ok, in your ftp go to
yoursite/yourforum/images/Portal/renkler/0
and delete all the files in that folder. Unzip the attached file and put the attached file in yoursite/yourforum/images/Portal/renkler/0.

On portal ACP settings choose the brown. Go to your page and see how it looks.

It looks ok in firefox and IE8, you might want to double check it in lower versions of IE. If you get loads of dodgy looking Xs showing instead of images then post or pm and I will come back tomorrow and help further. If you PM make sure you have receive private messages set to on.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27