MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Latest Forum: SupportForums.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I like it alot better.
Options are always good. If it's popular enough I might make it default.
(2009-10-05, 08:51 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Okay...I went ahead and made an orange based theme for this.

[Image: h793rhnctjyoyar3vmv.gif]

I like this more though I can't tell what colour the writing is but any way, it is still easy to read.

(2009-10-05, 05:51 PM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you even know the meaning of opinion? what is the problem is this person some god or somthing here? I'm not sorry for telling what i think, i have no reason to be. I simply gave my opinon on his site. That is what this section is for, right?

If anything it is you and TimB starting the fight here i gave my opinon on it and was told to get off my high horse and stop trolling every thread i post in.

And i know just cause i don't like it that everyone else doesn't have to if you can't take abit of critiscm i suggest you grow up abit.

(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]hideous there is no way i would even consider trying to get support from a board that looked like that.

Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..) I would certainly go straight to there own official board cause they know what there on about instead of some kid thinking he knows everything.

I'm not saying you are a kid but in general most of these support forums are just kids that think they know everythin.

It was not the "Well the theme looks" that was my issue, I have no problem with your oppinion. It was what followed after that was my issue. Firstly your criticism was not constructive, you provided no alternative or reasoning behind your oppinion. It is a requirement of the showcase forum that comments be constructive. My issue was also the unnecessary story that followed.

Tell me no one else finds this funny:

(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..)
(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]are just kids that think they know everythin.
Oh kid seriously what is your problem here quit acting like your a mod or somthing i wasn't trying to be funny in anyway and you damn well know it.

That statement is true most of these support forums online last 5mins because there kids that think they know more than the original support forums for whatever it is.

And i already said in that post i wasn't implying that the chap is a kid or anyone else here i ment other support forums are ran by kids.

Seriously quit trying to look like the good guy, you just make yourself desperate for attention.
(2009-10-05, 09:22 PM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-05, 08:51 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Okay...I went ahead and made an orange based theme for this.

[Image: h793rhnctjyoyar3vmv.gif]

I like this more though I can't tell what colour the writing is but any way, it is still easy to read.

(2009-10-05, 05:51 PM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Do you even know the meaning of opinion? what is the problem is this person some god or somthing here? I'm not sorry for telling what i think, i have no reason to be. I simply gave my opinon on his site. That is what this section is for, right?

If anything it is you and TimB starting the fight here i gave my opinon on it and was told to get off my high horse and stop trolling every thread i post in.

And i know just cause i don't like it that everyone else doesn't have to if you can't take abit of critiscm i suggest you grow up abit.

(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]hideous there is no way i would even consider trying to get support from a board that looked like that.

Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..) I would certainly go straight to there own official board cause they know what there on about instead of some kid thinking he knows everything.

I'm not saying you are a kid but in general most of these support forums are just kids that think they know everythin.

It was not the "Well the theme looks" that was my issue, I have no problem with your oppinion. It was what followed after that was my issue. Firstly your criticism was not constructive, you provided no alternative or reasoning behind your oppinion. It is a requirement of the showcase forum that comments be constructive. My issue was also the unnecessary story that followed.

Tell me no one else finds this funny:

(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..)
(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]are just kids that think they know everythin.

My dads friend Jake is the head system admin of the people who make .ca domains. He was in the same position at 18 for IGS (A dial up ISP) So yea Kids do know a lot. Some are even better at computers then adults. I know lots of people here that are way younger then you and could probably stump you with some things.
(2009-10-05, 09:27 PM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Oh kid seriously what is your problem here quit acting like your a mod or somthing i wasn't trying to be funny in anyway and you damn well know it.

That statement is true most of these support forums online last 5mins because there kids that think they know more than the original support forums for whatever it is.

And i already said in that post i wasn't implying that the chap is a kid or anyone else here i ment other support forums are ran by kids.

Seriously quit trying to look like the good guy, you just make yourself desperate for attention.
You're posts are awesome and all, but maybe its time to cool down.
Also TimB. Its orange.
(2009-10-05, 09:27 PM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]you just make yourself desperate for attention.

I think, if anything, that's the opinion people are going to be getting of you. I don't find much favour among people who call someone a raisin in their second post and then just flame people in a showcase thread, not really posting anything constructive, and calling someone you don't know a kid, whether you mean it or not, it just isn't necessary. I never really understand when people who have only just signed up start making posts like this. Tim started no fights. Have you read the showcase guidelines??

Quote:Submissions are all subject to feedback, suggestions and opinions. All of which should be said in a constructive manner. Simply saying "It sucks." or the likes is frowned upon.
Attacking others is never acceptable behaviour.

For those of you who feel the need to point out that the forum's idea has been done numerous times before, find a polite way to put it. We will no longer put up with derogatory comments aimed towards the forum owner or the forum itself.

Somehow I don't think this matches what you've posted.

Tomm's said it once, now I'm saying it. Post about the topic, properly, or don't post.
Excuse me MattR you might be a mod here but so what, How the hell am i looking for attention here, I gave my opinon that is all if people are too childish to take it well that is there fault not mine.

I came here cause it seemed as so MyBB is more professional than other crap software but from what i have seen of the community is that there just a bunch of jumped up trolls that try and look the good guy by twisting peoples post.

I clearly gave my opinon about the theme it looks hideous for a support forum, and that it looked like another support forum that would last 5mins.

Your call do what pleases you...
(2009-10-05, 09:54 PM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell am i looking for attention here, I gave my opinon that is all if people are too childish to take it well that is there fault not mine.

jumped up trolls that try and look the good guy by twisting peoples post.

Maybe you should re-read your posts tomorrow, you might then see that you're the one creating the hostility, not us. Ignoring your posts and posts where you've been quoted, this is quite a friendly discussion. It's the way you give your opinion that isn't appropriate, and if you can't see that, that's your problem, not ours. Can you honestly say you presented your comments in a calm and friendly way like other people have??
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7