MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Latest Forum: SupportForums.net
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I mean the other way around so WMF does get a bit more.
Quote:An yea i might be a little hostile now but that is only cause TimB said i need to get off my high horse and stop trolling every thread.

hostile hopefully gets you banned quick. Knock it off newb. Also, if you wouldn't get support from somewhere just because the site look upsets you, your loss. There's more to life other than face value and being shallow. Or I'd of left MyBB years ago when it was truly barely anything.

Jesse, you know I like that font color Big Grin

The one thing about Jesse is he stays close to the factory theme, I like that personally Big Grin The only thing I can see Jesse, is the main forum color for your trows, alternate one black or maybe a lighter color. I like the postbit with that color of gray and the topics view page, just seems to have a kinda blah effect on the main forum page however. Other than that, the rest looks great. I see you got a good bunch of traffic too.. Nice.

Good luck to you Jesse, although I doubt you need it. Smile

Kind Regards
(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Well the theme looks hideous there is no way i would even consider trying to get support from a board that looked like that.

Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..) I would certainly go straight to there own official board cause they know what there on about instead of some kid thinking he knows everything.

I'm not saying you are a kid but in general most of these support forums are just kids that think they know everythin.

That's HankSullivan's first post, if you take the time to read it you'll see that it wasn't really that "hostile", he was just being opinionated like what he is entitled to in this forum, and bare in mind what labrocca posted in his opening post here....

Quote:Honest comments are appreciated.

Then TimB posts this....

Quote:You sir need to get off your high horse and stop trying to troll every thread you enter. FYI labrocca ran (and just sold) the worlds larges above ground hacking forum, a very successful webmaster site and is probably the single greatest plugin contributor. If there was someone I would want support from, it is him. For the record I believe he is 36 (correct me labrocca if I am wrong).

And the whole post thread gets blown out of proportion, now gotten to the point of someone suggesting a banning! So who's to blame here for all this, HankSullivan or TimB?

As for the forum itself, I've been visiting one name Cyber Tech Help for 10 years so wouldn't need to sign up to another such forum.
Quote:the only thing I can see Jesse, is the main forum color for your trows, alternate one black or maybe a lighter color

I know some really like that but imho...it's a bit of a waste now that Mybb has each postbit seperated. They are easy to read as the are. I never been a huge fan of that alternating thing. Something about it just rubs me wrong. It also can make color scheming that much more difficult. You might have a perfect contrast for trow1 but trow2 it doesn't work. Totally sucks when that happens.
It looks great now, I like it, the new color makes it much easier to read. What do you think of having a gradient to a darker green at the very top and bottom? Also maybe a black glow around the edge of the design?

Bad photoshop mockup attached Wink
[attachment=15601]
I love the theme! Nice job Labrocca! I shall be joining soon.
(2009-10-06, 09:08 AM)TimB. Wrote: [ -> ]It looks great now, I like it, the new color makes it much easier to read. What do you think of having a gradient to a darker green at the very top and bottom? Also maybe a black glow around the edge of the design?

Bad photoshop mockup attached Wink

No that's a good mock up. Hmm..I like it. I might have to use your idea.
(2009-10-06, 02:06 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-05, 07:47 AM)HankSullivan Wrote: [ -> ]Well the theme looks hideous there is no way i would even consider trying to get support from a board that looked like that.

Also if i ever did need any support (which i never have done yet..) I would certainly go straight to there own official board cause they know what there on about instead of some kid thinking he knows everything.

I'm not saying you are a kid but in general most of these support forums are just kids that think they know everythin.

That's HankSullivan's first post, if you take the time to read it you'll see that it wasn't really that "hostile", he was just being opinionated like what he is entitled to in this forum, and bare in mind what labrocca posted in his opening post here....

Quote:Honest comments are appreciated.

Then TimB posts this....

Quote:You sir need to get off your high horse and stop trying to troll every thread you enter. FYI labrocca ran (and just sold) the worlds larges above ground hacking forum, a very successful webmaster site and is probably the single greatest plugin contributor. If there was someone I would want support from, it is him. For the record I believe he is 36 (correct me labrocca if I am wrong).

And the whole post thread gets blown out of proportion, now gotten to the point of someone suggesting a banning! So who's to blame here for all this, HankSullivan or TimB?

As for the forum itself, I've been visiting one name Cyber Tech Help for 10 years so wouldn't need to sign up to another such forum.

I agree with this. After reading all the posts in this thread it was TimB who started it because HankSullivan simply posted his opinion.
As for the forum, I do not like it either. Nor the look of it or the content. If I need help I will go to a profesional official site and not to someone who was known to run a hacking forum. That is my honest opinion.
Quote:As for the forum, I do not like it either. Nor the look of it or the content. If I need help I will go to a profesional official site and not to someone who was known to run a hacking forum. That is my honest opinion.

A double edged sword. One guy claims people are just joining because of my reputation while another claims he won't because of it. Odd.

And tbh if you're not likely to join an unofficial support forum then it doesn't matter what my site looks like. I am however curious about your own forum that you run and if it represents something unofficially.

Personally I have no problems with support forums. The term "support" is very broad it just means "help". It can be for so many subjects such as webmastering, personal mental health, or computing. There are not always official support forums either. Like with Dell or HP for instince. You may have had your system past the one year warranty and they won't support you officially after that.

The Dell forums...are terrible too.
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/

I have good general categories like Website Development and Virus Protection and Computer Security.

But I do understand. Not every forum is for everyone. Lots of room on the interwebs for many sites.

Still, I am very happy. Yesterday was first full day and we had 2000 posts. That's the best site opening I have ever had.
I signed up, too.

me=Andrewjs18
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7