MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Win7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Anybody allready switched?

Did the switch now, very satisfied so far. Only thing not working is virtual pc, seems to be a mainboard incompatibility. Hope to get it solved for WInXP-Mode.

I love the new taskbar and the system is fast, even in comparison to Win XP (Used it until now, hate Vista).

The new programs Win7 comes with are nice, especially the snipping tool comes in handy.

What do you think, did you try beta / rc?
Did you do a clean install or upgrade from XP?
I'm using about 3 months.

Open the programs and files you use most in just a click or two.

[Image: pin_to_taskbar.jpg]
In Windows 7, you can use pinning to make your PC work even more the way you want. One big improvement is the ability to control where your programs appear on your taskbar. Always want your web browser right next to the start button? Drag the icon where you want it, and it'll stay there till you move it. You can also pin your program icon to the taskbar, so it's there all the time. You can even pin specific documents and web sites to Jump Lists on your taskbar.
I've had it running since beta and rc and have been more than satisfied with it, looking for a good deal and definitely converting most of my XP/Vista PCs to Win7, I do have till march next year to upgrade the beta and rc to full versions.

Its really been streamlined to alot of stuff I use personally and I assume alot of other users like me. Absolutely love the desktop/taskbar layout and the ability to pin the programs on the taskbar, and comparing windows side by side by just dragging them to the sides is well thought of!
I'm probably getting a new laptop soon, my laptop's just died, when I get it back working I'll back everything up and get a new one, it's on it's last legs.
Something really cool is Aero Shake. Open up loads of folders, then grab hold of the top of one of them and give it a shake left-right. All the other windows that are open immediately minimize. Shake the window again and the others instantly go back to where they were.

Very cool.

I use it at work and getting the upgrade as soon as possible.
Win7 should be a huge success for MS, even I bought it (the cheap & limited preorder offer - wouldn't have bought it for the full price). I'll install it when I'm back home (in December) along with one of those shiny new DX11 graphic cards (I use Windows for gaming only, everything else is Linux). Smile
lol good. Windows sucks.
Using the RC atm, will upgrade to ultimate one of these days.
Excellent so far imo.
Been on it for a couple months now Toungue. It's been great even though I've made the taskbar more like classic ones Toungue.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28