MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Page Manager] Share your custom pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
(2012-05-09, 12:15 PM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-01-01, 04:46 PM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-01-29, 10:18 AM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Here is another one: A contact form!

It includes everything you need: Captcha (if enabled in Admin CP) for guest, email verification etc. This page is also language-independent.

Hi all

Since 1.6.5 I switched to the builtin ReCaptcha. Now I noticed that the contact form posted above doesn't show a captcha at all and I already receive spam through it.
Could s.o. change the code so that it uses the builtin ReCaptcha when enabled?

Thanks in advance

atnun

I still have this problem. Does anyone have an idea how to change the contact form to enable ReCaptcha? Or even the builtin Captcha would be fine.
Thanks

EDIT: nevermind. I just removed the check to see if captcha is enabled and therefore have the builtin captcha active.
I'd prefer ReCaptcha but since Querschlaeger refuses to support this it will probably never happen anyway.

Hi atnun and others asking, I updated the contact form page to use reCAPTCHA :)
You will need to follow my installation instructions here: MyBBStyles.com

To modify the footer "Contact us" link, navigate to Configuration > Settings > General Configuration, change the "Contact Us Link" field to the contact form url, eg: http://www. your forum .com/misc.php?page=contact
(2010-01-24, 07:52 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, here is a useful page: Usermap (powered by Google Maps)!
It will display all of your users who provide there location in the default MyBB custom profile field in a nice Google Map!

You need a Google Maps API key for your website, get it here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html

Edit the custom page and you will see the point to type in the key (line 3).

First run of the page will take some time to create the location cache. Don't worry about it and don't abort the page loading.

By the way: I developed a plugin called Page Converter, you will find it here: http://mods.mybboard.net/view/page-converter
This plugin allows you to convert custom pages of various page plugins into Page Manager pages. Cool

Regarding the usermap, I obtained the API key, and then dd all the changes suggested.
I fail to see the user's locationon map.

is there is something wrong?
(2012-05-21, 03:35 AM)~andrew~ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi atnun and others asking, I updated the contact form page to use reCAPTCHA Smile
You will need to follow my installation instructions here: MyBBStyles.com

To modify the footer "Contact us" link, navigate to Configuration > Settings > General Configuration, change the "Contact Us Link" field to the contact form url, eg: http://www. your forum .com/misc.php?page=contact

Thanks a lot for sharing this. Works great.

I tried to find it myself but wasn't successful: where can I change the recaptcha theme from "clean" to "red" (and the language to "de")? For my registration page I just edited the template "member_register_regimage_recaptcha" but this has no effect on the contact page you created.

Cheers
atnun
(2012-05-22, 06:36 AM)atnun Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a lot for sharing this. Works great.

I tried to find it myself but wasn't successful: where can I change the recaptcha theme from "clean" to "red" (and the language to "de")? For my registration page I just edited the template "member_register_regimage_recaptcha" but this has no effect on the contact page you created.

Cheers
atnun

The form reuses the reCAPTCHA template: Post Templates > post_captcha_recaptcha
That is also the template shown to guests if you allow them to post on your forum (with reCAPTCHA) without registering, so be wary of your edits as they will also appear there.
Thanks! I wasn't aware of that template.
I also updated the usermap page to use the latest Google Maps API V3 functions.
It may fix some issues people have with that page.
Find the installation instructions here: MyBBStyles.com
(2012-05-22, 12:01 PM)~andrew~ Wrote: [ -> ]I also updated the usermap page to use the latest Google Maps API V3 functions.
It may fix some issues people have with that page.
Find the installation instructions here: MyBBStyles.com

THANKS, Andrew! I updated, got my updated key, and it's working great.
Edit: someone already posted a solution, which I hadn't seen. Blush
Hey boys/girls i found a website with a contact form use recaptcha!
It is a tutorial and a download ready to use.
Sorry for my bad englischBlush
Contact Form

thx to this Coder! Big Grin
(2012-06-06, 07:47 PM)spacenight Wrote: [ -> ]Hey boys/girls i found a website with a contact form use recaptcha!
It is a tutorial and a download ready to use.
Sorry for my bad englischBlush
Contact Form

thx to this Coder! Big Grin

Cheers spacenight, I already shared it in this thread a few posts back though. Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49