MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ConsoleAddicted.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I still see the old forum theme for some reason, and it's mucked up with all the text being centered Confused
(2010-05-30, 06:26 PM)Ryan Stewart Wrote: [ -> ]I still see the old forum theme for some reason, and it's mucked up with all the text being centered Confused

Refresh to tell the browser to re-load CSS and images
I love it Nervo (L)
Don't like the logo, Don't like red hover image on the menu, HATE them stupid redirect adverts, that puts people off registering in my opinion, still love the forums..but ergh.
It's really so god-damn ugly. Like seriously >:l an upgrade or "v2" is meant to improve do degrade. I am a registered member their (without posts) and thus simply put, the theme puts me off by miles.
(2010-05-31, 08:49 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Don't like the logo, Don't like red hover image on the menu, HATE them stupid redirect adverts, that puts people off registering in my opinion, still love the forums..but ergh.

I do not like the logo either lol. What do you suggest for the hover image? No image or a brighter image?
Regarding the advertisements, thanks for letting me know, I'll remove them in a few minutes Smile

@ZacAttack I asked for constructive criticism. Why do you think it is so ugly? Until now, no one has found it ugly, you sure you're looking at the same theme as we do? Clear your cache and load the page. If you do, oh well I guess I can't say anything besides "Thank you for sharing your thoughts" Toungue
(2010-05-31, 09:57 AM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]It's really so god-damn ugly. Like seriously >:l an upgrade or "v2" is meant to improve do degrade. I am a registered member their (without posts) and thus simply put, the theme puts me off by miles.
That made my day anyway maybe tell us why you find it so ugly? The colors? Layout? What is it that you find so hideous?"
(2010-05-31, 04:19 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-31, 08:49 AM)Aaron Wrote: [ -> ]Don't like the logo, Don't like red hover image on the menu, HATE them stupid redirect adverts, that puts people off registering in my opinion, still love the forums..but ergh.

I do not like the logo either lol. What do you suggest for the hover image? No image or a brighter image?
Regarding the advertisements, thanks for letting me know, I'll remove them in a few minutes Smile

No worries, I don't know, It seems a bit pixelated, i really loved the other blue style, shame its changed!
(2010-05-31, 04:19 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@ZacAttack I asked for constructive criticism. Why do you think it is so ugly? Until now, no one has found it ugly, you sure you're looking at the same theme as we do? Clear your cache and load the page. If you do, oh well I guess I can't say anything besides "Thank you for sharing your thoughts" Toungue
I hate criticizing other peoples work because I'm not perfect myself, but here it goes.

Navigation:
The background before the hover effect is way to dark and doesn't really go with the logo's background colour. Also the little | between each navigation header are kind of crooked to me. I stared at it for like 5 mins and then opened paint to see if it was. It's not but the blend of colours makes it look that way. I like the hover background though, but it looks a wee bit pixelated.

Logo/Banner:
I preferred your old one. This one, the circle around the c isn't really a circle. The four points (up, down, left, right) which come out do that to it. The black outline around it doesn't really match for some reason. The C in the middle is quite blurry also. The font of the logo is quite good but the outline is blurry still. I <3 the new search submit button before the hover effect (just looks out of place with the hover) and the search text box is wicked too. Also maybe it's my browser, but it’s not quite centred in the middle of the banner?

Container:
There's a slight issue with it spreading my page by like 2px. The reason is because the whole header is too big. But maybe that's simply my computer as you could of designed it for a bigger screen. Also if it was me I’d removed the left and right border because it looks kind of out of whack.

Content:
First I noticed the spacing between boxes is to great, you should reduce it by maybe 5 or 10px. The content boxes outlines are too dark and don't go with the background, this goes for the banner bottom border as well. I like the glow around it but it’s a wee bit big though, and also if it was me, I would of rounded the corners because the normal square points kind of stick out for me.

The left and right boxes are quite good. The match the whole theme and I like how you've added to 2px border to the right and bottom to give the 3D effect. The only issue I have is that the box header looks smaller then the right side border. Maybe increase the header by 1px?

Personally I’d center the advertisement but that's because I’m picky.

Footer:
It's ugly, like seriously out of place ugly. It doesn't really match up with the theme to me. I'd personally make it the same background as you've got for the header Smile Also the font doesn't really fit. I think it's the same as the content font and maybe because it's so small it doesn't look right?

Forum:
The space between header and container is too big. The footer spacing isn't the same as the homepage either. Also using MyBB's copyright footer thing is kind of ugly. it kind of looks out of place to me.

If you need pictures or anything just let me know Smile I'm sorry if I was too harsh Sad I just loved your other layout.
Thanks! That's what I call constructive criticism.

I prefer that to "It's very nice! Great work."

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-31, 04:19 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]@ZacAttack I asked for constructive criticism. Why do you think it is so ugly? Until now, no one has found it ugly, you sure you're looking at the same theme as we do? Clear your cache and load the page. If you do, oh well I guess I can't say anything besides "Thank you for sharing your thoughts" Toungue
I hate criticizing other peoples work because I'm not perfect myself, but here it goes.

Navigation:
The background before the hover effect is way to dark and doesn't really go with the logo's background colour. Also the little | between each navigation header are kind of crooked to me. I stared at it for like 5 mins and then opened paint to see if it was. It's not but the blend of colours makes it look that way. I like the hover background though, but it looks a wee bit pixelated.

The logo is temporary since I don't like it either, it's there just because a logo must be there.

The background is too dark? Should I make the background color of the nav the same color of the background of the header? And make the header a bit lighter to distinguish from the nav?

What do you mean by crooked?

Can you please post a picture? It doesn't look pixelated to me :/

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]Logo/Banner:
I preferred your old one. This one, the circle around the c isn't really a circle. The four points (up, down, left, right) which come out do that to it. The black outline around it doesn't really match for some reason. The C in the middle is quite blurry also. The font of the logo is quite good but the outline is blurry still. I <3 the new search submit button before the hover effect (just looks out of place with the hover) and the search text box is wicked too. Also maybe it's my browser, but it’s not quite centred in the middle of the banner?
Yeah I need a new logo, need to find some time to make one. The old one took me about 4 hours to finish.

Regarding the search, do you think I should just remove the hover image?
And yeah it's centered, the minimum resolution required should be at least 928px width.

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]Container:
There's a slight issue with it spreading my page by like 2px. The reason is because the whole header is too big. But maybe that's simply my computer as you could of designed it for a bigger screen. Also if it was me I’d removed the left and right border because it looks kind of out of whack.
What's your resolution?
By the way, maybe I should change the border colour to #4F4F4F ?

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]Content:
First I noticed the spacing between boxes is to great, you should reduce it by maybe 5 or 10px. The content boxes outlines are too dark and don't go with the background, this goes for the banner bottom border as well. I like the glow around it but it’s a wee bit big though, and also if it was me, I would of rounded the corners because the normal square points kind of stick out for me.

Which boxes?
The glow you're talking about is supposed to be shadow. It just doesn't look like one on this background though. I'll work on it again later.

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]The left and right boxes are quite good. The match the whole theme and I like how you've added to 2px border to the right and bottom to give the 3D effect. The only issue I have is that the box header looks smaller then the right side border. Maybe increase the header by 1px?
Care to elaborate? I don't understand Toungue

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]Personally I’d center the advertisement but that's because I’m picky.
Okay will do it.

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]Footer:
It's ugly, like seriously out of place ugly. It doesn't really match up with the theme to me. I'd personally make it the same background as you've got for the header Smile Also the font doesn't really fit. I think it's the same as the content font and maybe because it's so small it doesn't look right?
So both, the nav and footer should have the same image as background?

(2010-06-01, 05:03 PM)ZacAttack Wrote: [ -> ]Forum:
The space between header and container is too big. The footer spacing isn't the same as the homepage either. Also using MyBB's copyright footer thing is kind of ugly. it kind of looks out of place to me.
Yeah I'll fix that too Smile

Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7