MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nickman's Mod List (Last Updated: January 2nd 2010)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Yo nickman,

Just wondering, I notice that the killer pop-ups don't always appear. How can I make them appear every single time users in the Banned Fun group try to do anything? In other words, how do I make the pop ups show up 100% of the time?

Thanks,
I must say... I love your mods.

I use the "Posts Required To View This Forum" and the Profile Guestbook mods.

A couple of suggestions for the Guestbook for future versions:

1. When an entry is entered, redirect back to the profile being commented on instead of the forum index.
2. Perhaps an email alert letting the user know "User X" left of a comment for him/her.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
IMPAQ Wrote:I must say... I love your mods.

I use the "Posts Required To View This Forum" and the Profile Guestbook mods.

A couple of suggestions for the Guestbook for future versions:

1. When an entry is entered, redirect back to the profile being commented on instead of the forum index.
2. Perhaps an email alert letting the user know "User X" left of a comment for him/her.

Thanks and keep up the good work.
Both are good, I will add them in v2...With ACP Options of course :p
That would be great Nick, since I went into the code to get redirected after making an entry. Couldn't get it to work properly after deleting a post (for some reason), but at least it does after making a new entry! Big Grin ACP options will also be cool! Big Grin
Well, I'm having a problem with Banned Fun... I activate it and set it up, and it starts torturing ME. What can I do for this?
New Plugin!
Default Format allows your users to select a default format for their posts. For instance, if you set this to [color=purple]{MESSAGE}[/purple], all your posts will automatically become purple.

You can also edit the post to add more formatting.
Nick, I have a question about your Splash page mod. Can it be modified to show when a user tries to enter a specific subforum?

edit: Oh, and your default format mod is cool! And it works in FF too! Smile
No, it can't...It's very basic...You could use the Forum Warnings mod to show a message before you enter a forum though..Though it's not really the sameWink
Ooooh, Forum Warnings! I just read the description and that is exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks! Big Grin

edit: Nick, is there a way to remove the code that stores the cookie, so that every time they try to enter the forum, they get the same warning? I just noticed that if someone gets that notice and then backs out, the cookie is still there, so if they tried to enter the same forum another way, like through a search, they would get to the forum. The only way I can see to bypass this would be to remove the cookie that gets saved.
judel Wrote:Ooooh, Forum Warnings! I just read the description and that is exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks! Big Grin

edit: Nick, is there a way to remove the code that stores the cookie, so that every time they try to enter the forum, they get the same warning? I just noticed that if someone gets that notice and then backs out, the cookie is still there, so if they tried to enter the same forum another way, like through a search, they would get to the forum. The only way I can see to bypass this would be to remove the cookie that gets saved.

Yeah, I will add the cookie as an on/off feature in v2, which I will work on soon
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14