MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nickman's Mod List (Last Updated: January 2nd 2010)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
That's just weird, Nick! I didn't think it was supposed to be possible to log in as someone else! And that is much worse than the PMA. At least with that, you can only read the PM's. You can't manipulate them. With this plugin, Admins can log in as their people and make posts for them that could make them look bad! Like I said, it seems like it could be abused. I wouldn't even want to be a member of someone's forum if I knew they could login as me and do what they wanted with my account. I don't really care if they can read my PM's. Smile If you have a use for it, that's great! It just worries me is all! Toungue Maybe I should download it and take a look at it. I might be missing the point of it!
judel Wrote:That's just weird, Nick! I didn't think it was supposed to be possible to log in as someone else! And that is much worse than the PMA. At least with that, you can only read the PM's. You can't manipulate them. With this plugin, Admins can log in as their people and make posts for them that could make them look bad! Like I said, it seems like it could be abused. I wouldn't even want to be a member of someone's forum if I knew they could login as me and do what they wanted with my account. I don't really care if they can read my PM's. Smile If you have a use for it, that's great! It just worries me is all! Toungue Maybe I should download it and take a look at it. I might be missing the point of it!
This is for THE ADMINS....If you admins are irresponsible and do stuff like that, then maybe they shouldn't be adminsToungue

PS: You can still make posts for people anyways..You just do through the DB Smile
Well, since anyone can be an admin, you know that there are a bunch out there that probably shouldn't be! LOL...considering I have no idea how to make a post for someone through the DB, I doubt that many others do. Of course, the gurus, like you will...Maybe I'm just making a mountain out of a mole hill! Toungue
I just filled an old request from MyBB Mods. It was limiting the amount of threads a guest can view. I did this with Guest Access, which you can get from the first post. Enjoy!Big Grin
Nick, the groups bypass plugin doesn't work 100% with MyBB 1.2.9, custom usergroups still need to enter the password, and when you edit a bypass in the admin CP it changes all bypass's to those settings
This reminds me to report that something weird has been happening with the forum announcements plugin since the upgrade. If using the Opera or FireFox browsers, when you try to click on the continue button after the warning, nothing happens...and refreshing the browser takes you to the next screen. Don't know if the upgrade is actually what did it, but I didn't notice this in FireFox when I first installed, so it must be! Big Grin
Hey =)

I was just wondering where to post this and this seemed like the most appropriate place lol, but for your staff application, how would I change the template so the link would appear next to the memberlist, search etc?
Hi,

The Guestbook mod is not displaying? I installed it and turned it to On in the Options? And I am using MyBB 1.2.9 and the default template.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Hi Nikman

I have installrd banned.php to my inc/plugins. OK
Activated it under plugins. OK
I can change the setting, all 10 off them. OK
But I cant work out how to assign these settings to the members I cant stand!

Sorry if im being stupid but can u help.

Thanks

TOM
Arcane_Penguin Wrote:Nick, the groups bypass plugin doesn't work 100% with MyBB 1.2.9, custom usergroups still need to enter the password, and when you edit a bypass in the admin CP it changes all bypass's to those settings

I am having the same issue. MyBB 1.2.9 on PHP 4.4.4 and adding some password protected forum areas and found the Group Bypass plugin and it just doesn't work. I know that it doesn't work on Windows Vista or XP Pro using IE7, FireFox 2.0.0.9, or Opera 9.24. Can anyone assist us? TYIA.

Loco
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14