MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Great Software. Not so great support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
I have been with the phpbb for a long time. Wanted to try something new and mybb was the choice.

The software is great . Easy management and is very fast. Plugin installs are very easy as well without any much of edit to the core files.

I wish the support was as fantastic as the software itself. I donno maybe it lack the number staffs or is it something else ... or it could be just me .....
What do you mean "lack of support". Do you know how busy to staff are? It would be impossible to count how many support threads they get per day. They have lives too, they don't want to be always inside on the computer. So chill out, you'll get helped out, just wait your turn.
(2010-05-08, 11:45 PM)Rozzy Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean "lack of support". Do you know how busy to staff are? It would be impossible to count how many support threads they get per day. They have lives too, they don't want to be always inside on the computer. So chill out, you'll get helped out, just wait your turn.

That makes it clear.. as to what I said earlier " lack of number of official staffs".
I'd imagine its rather hard to get staff for this software. Since none of them get paid.
I assume they'll be picking more staff for the release of MyBB 1.6. Don't worry about it. Smile
I donno if other open source software like smf and phpbb staffs get paid. And this software is far better than those.
To be fair, you've only made 4 threads in general support, 2 have been solved, and out of the 2 that haven't been solved, one is just over a day old, one's ~15 hours old. Personally I'm not really sure that's enough to form an informed opinion on. As for the ones that went unanswered in plugin support, there was nothing stopping you bumping them after 24 hours. Plus it's the weekend, most of us are doing other stuff. No matter how many staff we hire, people are going to be doing other things at weekends.
(2010-05-08, 11:59 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]To be fair, you've only made 4 threads in general support, 2 have been solved, and out of the 2 that haven't been solved, one is just over a day old, one's ~15 hours old. Personally I'm not really sure that's enough to form an informed opinion on. As for the ones that went unanswered in plugin support, there was nothing stopping you bumping them after 24 hours. Plus it's the weekend, most of us are doing other stuff. No matter how many staff we hire, people are going to be doing other things at weekends.

The only good response I got was on the the question related to skipping agreement page. The reason could be that other "regular mybb users" usually don't actively response to queries here on mybb. That could be the reason probably.

And you see this topic was posted less than an hour.. and we have so many responses. That's how it should be ideally on the other sections as well.
MyBB is becoming a popular software.. wonder where are the experienced users.. hanging out.
(2010-05-09, 12:24 AM)HubSeo Wrote: [ -> ]The only good response I got was on the the question related to skipping agreement page. The reason could be that other "regular mybb users" usually don't actively response to queries here on mybb. That could be the reason probably.

Could be but I personally cba to solve these little issues. I have little to no patience when it comes to people not doing things properly or not following instructions/stickies (not saying you weren't, in fact I haven't visited the support forum in several weeks).

At the same time I prefer to not get involved in support outside of my own products simply because I don't have the time, patience or in some cases, knowledge.
(2010-05-09, 01:36 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-05-09, 12:24 AM)HubSeo Wrote: [ -> ]The only good response I got was on the the question related to skipping agreement page. The reason could be that other "regular mybb users" usually don't actively response to queries here on mybb. That could be the reason probably.

Could be but I personally cba to solve these little issues. I have little to no patience when it comes to people not doing things properly or not following instructions/stickies (not saying you weren't, in fact I haven't visited the support forum in several weeks).

At the same time I prefer to not get involved in support outside of my own products simply because I don't have the time, patience or in some cases, knowledge.
Agreed to some extend.. on many occasion instructions and stickies are not helpful to resolve even minor issues.

Just like this one - http://community.mybboard.net/thread-69247.html
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6