MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Attachments Not Copied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
(2011-01-05, 01:31 PM)colej2k Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-01-03, 01:33 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]No I can't. I really wish people would remember that all the staff here are volunteers and that sometimes solutions take time. More so when you work and have a family. I am addressing these issues to the best of my ability within the time constraints I currently have. Please be patient.

I don't think that's fair. All I did was ask for some of these hosts where the merge system works so we could use it with them.

I also answered your request by providing logs. Lets be honest you are talking about new modules on this part of the forum when some of the existing ones don't work too

No, you asked for free hosts where it works. Not any host. And yes, new modules are coming. Since the logs you provided offer no help (not your fault) since the attachments dumped out before any attachment logs were created when you encountered your error, I still cannot find a reason for nor fix this. And maybe, just maybe during the creation and testing of new modules where I go through all the code step by step I'll find the code causing your issue.
(2011-01-03, 12:00 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Just copy your files from the /mybb/ to the tld (all of your files) and to fix the cookie you need to edit the cookie settings in inc/settings.php and then in your AdminCP. That will give you everything you need.

Hi Dylan, sorry it took me so long to respond and thanks for your help regarding the cookies. I'm not into coding that much, so couldn't do a lot about the inc/settings.php. Did you get a chance to take a closer look at the PNG errors? They're still there, even after rebuilding the permissions and thumbnails. I have a new topic, and the pics are there and are visible.
cablefed,

Your issue isn't something I can solve. I don't know why the PNG files would be corrupt. However, the file verification is no help there, that just verifies the MyBB files, not the attachments. Nor does rebuilding help with physical corruption. Especially since the Merge System uses Binary transfer, not ASCII, so I'm not sure what happened. If these are images you've uploaded via FTP, then you need to set PNG files to transfer in Binary so this doesn't happen. If you uploaded them AFTER the merge its something you'll need to post in general support about. If they're from pre-merge and worked fine on the old board, I'd need ftp access to both your original files (if you didn't delete them) and your new files so I can run some tests to eliminate the merge system 100% Lastly, if you have other copies of the images I would just re-upload them to fix the errors.
(2011-01-08, 03:54 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]cablefed,

Your issue isn't something I can solve. I don't know why the PNG files would be corrupt. However, the file verification is no help there, that just verifies the MyBB files, not the attachments. Nor does rebuilding help with physical corruption. Especially since the Merge System uses Binary transfer, not ASCII, so I'm not sure what happened. If these are images you've uploaded via FTP, then you need to set PNG files to transfer in Binary so this doesn't happen. If you uploaded them AFTER the merge its something you'll need to post in general support about. If they're from pre-merge and worked fine on the old board, I'd need ftp access to both your original files (if you didn't delete them) and your new files so I can run some tests to eliminate the merge system 100% Lastly, if you have other copies of the images I would just re-upload them to fix the errors.

Hey Dylan, not a problem. I've just PM'd you the info.
Hey,

I need database login also (just read is fine) and links to both the broken and normal versions of the post(s) with the bad png file(s) (if there is more than one, link them all)
SMF 2.0 to Mybb.

Error report attached.
Thanks for the report, I've still been unable to narrow down the cause of this. In the next few days I'll be contacting the original developer of the merge system and asking him some questions about some of the file transfer code to see if we can narrow it down.
What I did was converted the system twice: first from phpbb3 to mybb 1.6 and then from the newly created /mybb/ directory to another mybb (now the regular .com) due to the domain issue (it may very well be my lack of knowledge on how to repoint URLs).
What's strange is that attachments are fine from the /convert/ directory, but not in the main one

<snip>
Erm, you should have asked for support. Moving from a sub-folder to the main domain folder is very very easy and any one of the Staff here could have helped you with that.
Any update on this? Pretty much at a standstill with moving to Mybb...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11