MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Attachments Not Copied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
sergiob,

In merge/boards/phpbb3/attachments.php please change:
	function pre_setup()
	{
		global $import_session, $output;

To:
	function pre_setup()
	{
		global $import_session, $output, $mybb;

And try the merge attachments again.

If you look further down in that function, you'll see:
		if($mybb->input['uploadspath'])
		{
			// Test our ability to read attachment files from the forum software
			$this->test_readability("attachments", "physical_filename");
		}

Which will never fire since we never have a valid $mybb anything because it wasn't globalized. I'll appreciate your report on whether this fixes the issue or not Smile
(2011-12-06, 05:50 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]sergiob,

In merge/boards/phpbb3/attachments.php please change:
	function pre_setup()
	{
		global $import_session, $output;

To:
	function pre_setup()
	{
		global $import_session, $output, $mybb;

And try the merge attachments again.

If you look further down in that function, you'll see:
		if($mybb->input['uploadspath'])
		{
			// Test our ability to read attachment files from the forum software
			$this->test_readability("attachments", "physical_filename");
		}

Which will never fire since we never have a valid $mybb anything because it wasn't globalized. I'll appreciate your report on whether this fixes the issue or not Smile

Thanks for the suggestion, I modified the file as said, but unfortunately it didn't work.

What happed after giving giving the full pathname to the files is that the conversion started for the first run, but after completing it (20 files) it went back at the welcome page. So also getting the record is no more possibible. Tomorrow I will try to do more imports, trying to write something to a temporary file.

If you have some suggestions just let me know, (but I'm not sure that I could give an answer immediatly).

Regards
(2011-12-08, 02:43 AM)sergiob Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the suggestion, I modified the file as said, but unfortunately it didn't work.

What happed after giving giving the full pathname to the files is that the conversion started for the first run, but after completing it (20 files) it went back at the welcome page. So also getting the record is no mode possibible. Tomorrow I will try to do more imports, trying to write something to a temporary file.

If you have some suggestions just let me know, (but I'm not sure that I could give an answer immediatly).

Regards
Simone

Do you have more than 20 attachments? Its normal behaviour for the merge system to continue on to finish automatically once every single section has been run, however it takes you to the reports page when it does. Not sure why it would take you to the welcome page.
(2011-12-08, 07:41 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have more than 20 attachments? Its normal behaviour for the merge system to continue on to finish automatically once every single section has been run, however it takes you to the reports page when it does. Not sure why it would take you to the welcome page.
Yes they are around 1200, but I was asking to continue the conversion after the first run. When I did this with post (> 5000) it looped each 1000 and converted them.

Before your correction it repeated the runs until all the attachment were "converted" (but they were'nt and uploads dir was empty) and then went to the finish page.

Now after the first run it went directly to the welcome page, but I found some post*.attach in uploads.

So I retried asking to convert all attachment on a single run (2000 at the time), and this time I finally got a full conversion and went to the finalization page.

So the problem seems to arise only if you did not complete the conversion on the first run, something seems to mess the tracking of the point you reached during conversion.

Anyway now I can do the conversion, but I suggest you to check on this problem because with the default setting people are going to have problems.

I have also another problem to report, but this is a minor one. I have no poll and if I ask to convert it I'm just sent to a white page. I can go back using the back button of the browser, but this also is not too nice. The same happened with usergroup (that I don't have).

Thanks again for the help, now I can try Mybb...

Regards
I did the correction with my attachment.php file. There seem to be a lot of files there, but again they do not appear in the post. Should I move them all in one move? Considering they are 12000 in number......
(2011-12-08, 03:06 PM)sergiob Wrote: [ -> ]I have also another problem to report, but this is a minor one. I have no poll and if I ask to convert it I'm just sent to a white page. I can go back using the back button of the browser, but this also is not too nice. The same happened with usergroup (that I don't have).

Regards

A fix is in place for this already for the next release. [Issue #1745]

(2011-12-08, 04:48 PM)sinaqvi110 Wrote: [ -> ]I did the correction with my attachment.php file. There seem to be a lot of files there, but again they do not appear in the post. Should I move them all in one move? Considering they are 12000 in number......

This is still a work in progress fix, so I would recommend just being patient for awhile. You didn't tell me what board you merged from, so I can't address the missing in posts issue.
I have had a look at the database, hmmm everything is fine, except the uid for the attachment table has been incremented by 1 which is fine, moreover the files have been copied, but all the pid's are set to zero. Any fix on that? Because now those attachments are not appearing in the posts.
hmm the board is mybb 1.6.4 and I merged to mybb 1.6.5 . I cannot find the log file but here is the report. Server is Apache on linux. It is a 1gb vps.

[report]MyBB Merge System - Merge Report
--------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to the MyBB Merge System Generated Report. This
report shows a small overview of this merge session.

General
-------
Board merged: MyBB 1.6
Import began: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 09:19:19 +0000
Import finished: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:25:07 +0000

Database Query Statistics
-------------------------
Queries on MyBB database: 881,038
Queries on old database: 94,234
Total query time: 9 minutes, 50 seconds

Modules
-------
The following modules from this converter were completed:
Database Configuration
Usergroups
Users
Forums
Threads
Polls
Poll Votes
Private Messages
Settings
Calendar Events
Attachments

Import Statistics
-----------------
The MyBB import system imported the following from your copy of MyBB 1.6 (Merge):
User Groups: 2
Users: 23,482
Forums: 828
Moderators: 33
Threads: 14,052
Attachments: 11,231
Polls: 15
Poll Votes: 79
Private Messages: 72,911
Events: 17
Settings: 148

Errors
------
The following errors were logged during the process of the Merge System:
None

Problems?
---------
The "mybb_debuglogs" table located in your database contains
debug information about this merge. If you find problems
please file a support inquery at http://community.mybb.com/.

--------------------------------------------------------
Generated: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 15:26:20 +0000[/report]
Please refer to:

[Wiki: Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
[Wiki: Running_the_Merge_System] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
UTF-8 Conversion Issues
Attachment Issues
Common SQL Queries Post-Merge
Dev Tracker (Open Issues)
Yeah I did view them, that's how I came to know about the function edit. It seems you guys do not know how to solve the binding issue? Hmm tough luck
(2011-12-08, 06:51 PM)sinaqvi110 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I did view them, that's how I came to know about the function edit. It seems you guys do not know how to solve the binding issue? Hmm tough luck

Its not a matter of not knowing how. Its a matter of having time to write the code for it. Its currently an open issue on the dev tracker. When I have the time I'll fix it. Hopefully in time for the next release which I plan on coming out soon.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11