MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Merge System Attachments Not Copied
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Hello Dylan M. ,

I have a big problem : I make the convert from vBulletin 3.8.7 patch level 2 to the last version of myBB .
The problem is on the attachments : if I go with RUN OPTION from merge system -> I receive something like : there IS NO vbulletin_attachments table (erro database) --> but if I go in: /public_html/forums/merge/boards/vbulletin3/attachments.php and I change line:

$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("attachments", "COUNT(*) as count");
With line:
			$query = $this->old_db->simple_select("attachment", "COUNT(*) as count");

Because my table is called attachment no attachments , then I go BACK from the browser and press RUN again -> surprise, the option find about 600 attachments from 908 attachments , I go with 20 for moving \ copied , I wait , the option copied all and then APPEAR MY BIG PROBLEM : AFTER REBUILD \ RECOUNT THING -> all thread with the attachments are OK ONLY to\for stats , for exemple:

tag_plugin.amxx (Size: 7.5 KB / Downloads: 4) 

It's OK but if I download it or any attachment -- I will have any of all attachments, like a file with 0 BYTES (size 0 bytes , empty attachments) Huh
EMPTY ALL Undecided

HOW YOU EXPLAIN THIS?

PS: My vBulletin attachments are stored like files but their sql table is called : attachment

-------------------

Second problem : all password doesn't work anymore and for many many of my 14k users , when they make the recover, put the activation code there , receive the new password but for many of them , the new password doesn't work either ....

I don't know what and how to do anymore .. to many problems Sleepy

-------------------

Please nice to advice me , to support me on this problems .
Kind Regards .
This thread is for attachments only, and attachments are at this time unfortunately broken for some people and not for others. For your password issue, please make a new thread and we'll gladly support you. Though if the old passwords are not working I recommend deactivating the loginconvert plugin and just having users do the recover password. Thanks.
(2011-10-16, 05:49 AM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]This thread is for attachments only, and attachments are at this time unfortunately broken for some people and not for others. For your password issue, please make a new thread and we'll gladly support you. Though if the old passwords are not working I recommend deactivating the loginconvert plugin and just having users do the recover password. Thanks.

But you can respond me for the attachments insue ?
Or this is your answer and support :
Quote:and attachments are at this time unfortunately broken for some people and not for others

Then .. for what is this thread ? What it's the point if you only say this ?
To say "and attachments are at this time unfortunately broken for some people and not for others" again and again?

"Merge System Lead" - are you kidding me?
Let's see you help us to solve some of problems because I read every post, you do nothing .. you say some assumptions, nothing more ... and you say me to make another thread? Help me to my post for the attachments problem and after we'll see about that new thread for password insue .

Sad support for this platform Angry
If it cannot be accurately reproduced how can I find it? If I cannot find it, how can I fix it? Anyways, you've been denied support so we cannot help you at this time anyways.
Hi Everyone,

I was just planning to move over to MyBB and found that I have this attachment problem too.

I´m trying to convert from phpbb 3.0.9 to MyBB and everything seemed to go fine, including the screens which say attachments are being copied (in batches of 20). But when I go to the posts the attachments can´t be viewed - instead, when you click on them, you just get a blank screen.

The report doesn´t show any errors, but I´ve attached it anyway. I´ve installed the info.pho file mentioned at the start of this thread - how can I give you the link without posting it here?

Also, is there anything that can be done manually to restore the links to the attachments?

Cheers

PS. I forgot to say, the server is running Linux.
One thing that some people have found works is to use a .htaccess file to give full access to the directory where the old attachments were stored. I can't seem to find the thread right now (I don't have much time to look for it) so you should browse through the threads in this forum for the past year or so and find it.
I couldn´t find it either.

Unfortunately I´m just a beginner so have no idea how to create/use an htaccess file. Looks like I´m stuck with phpbb Sad
(2011-11-13, 07:18 PM)knobblywobbly Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn´t find it either.

Unfortunately I´m just a beginner so have no idea how to create/use an htaccess file. Looks like I´m stuck with phpbb Sad

This is the post I was referring to:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-94863-p...#pid696109

Hopefully that will help you.
Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately it didn´t work for me, and I still don´t see the attachments.
(2011-11-13, 09:18 PM)knobblywobbly Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link.

Unfortunately it didn´t work for me, and I still don´t see the attachments.

What exactly did you do?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11