MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UndellaBay.com Pokémon Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Thank you Smile
Nearly 100 posts!
http://UndellaBay.com
Getting close to 500 posts and 20 members.
http://UndellaBay.com
Remember you aren't allowed to make more than 3 successive bumps. Nice forum though.
Just a heads up in case you aren't aware, but your thead doesn't show properly in IE. Your css for your .thead value has mulitiple background images set which IE can't render properly (I know IE sucks lol).
I know it doesn't show up IE. I honestly don't care if it does, if you're still using IE, that's your problem.
(2011-03-24, 04:19 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]I know it doesn't show up IE. I honestly don't care if it does, if you're still using IE, that's your problem.

(2011-03-18, 01:21 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]If it was targeted at you, then I'd care.
And the reason I'm posting now is because a theme doesn't make a forum, the community does.
If all you care about is the skin, then that's you opinion.
Thank you for your feedback.

I love for your attitude so far when:

1. Your forum is brand new, and you should want every member you can get. Generally 50% of the Internet's population is using IE, and by not handling this issue, you could be turning away a ton of possible members.

Plus, I see no warning on your site that advises to use any browser but IE.

And 2. This is the Showcase section, the purpose of it is to showcase your forum for criticism towards improvements.

But instead, you're just telling people "you don't care". Yeah, I'd love to join a forum where the Admin doesn't give a crap.
I'm just saying, use a new browser. Obviously I do give a crap, I don't know if your blind or something, but obviously you can't the the extreme amount of work I've put into this forum.
(2011-03-24, 04:26 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just saying, use a new browser. Obviously I do give a crap, I don't know if your blind or something, but obviously you can't the the extreme amount of work I've put into this forum.

Then why is it so much harder to put in more of an effort to deal with the IE issue? Are YOU blind that you can't see the handicap you're putting on your forum?

Yeah, you've done a lot, so why risk the downfall of your site by discouraging those that do like IE.

What's your favorite browser? Firefox, Chrome?

How would you feel to be told your browser sucks & to use something else?

The truth about it is, not everyone is "for" the change. I for one would ask myself, is it worth changing browsers, just for UndellaBay.com?

At the moment, absolutely not.
I don't use IE, but I'm making a point. And that's you're risking at chasing off a ton of potential members.

But hey, if you want all that hard work to have been done for nothing, it's your site, your call.

It would be in your site's best interest to seek help with resolving the "thead" issue if you're unable to figure it out yourself. That's what this MyBB forum is for.
My skin relies heavily on CSS3, Nothing can be done, certain codes only work with certain browsers. I am used to coding for zetaboards, they have 3 Piece Thead codes, I have not seen one for mybb.

But... I am working on a new and improved skin that will be done within the next few days, I will try to address the issue with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9