MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: UndellaBay.com Pokémon Community
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
you might want to run a recount ...some members have a negative post count on the forum
the forum icons doesn't match the theme...
Well guys, 2 months worth of cleaning spam and redoing the whole direction of the forum is complete.
I am trying to increase the server speed at the moment.
But things are finally starting to look good.
I hope some of you will consider joining to help us get back on our feet.
http://undellabay.com
Quote:What we plan on doing?
Possibly a host change, but only in the case of extreme issues. We are slowly approaching an awkwardly low MySQL memory cap, which I hope is simply because the MyBB tables already take up a lot of space without the memory of the data and content this community contains. If that amount continues to rise closer to our limited usage amount, we will try to find a new host, if not, we will be accepting donations in order to be able tp purchase new web hosting space

Why should you have to ask members for donations?

Especially towards a forum that has unproven stability.

You just said the forum was hit by spam attacks for about 3 months, where were the mods/admins to stop & clean them up as they hit?

Seems everyone just went MIA.

By asking the users for that donation, you're asking them to invest in your forum. If you're unwilling to invest your own money in the first place, it's just not worth it to anyone else at all.
(2011-06-24, 03:30 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:What we plan on doing?
Possibly a host change, but only in the case of extreme issues. We are slowly approaching an awkwardly low MySQL memory cap, which I hope is simply because the MyBB tables already take up a lot of space without the memory of the data and content this community contains. If that amount continues to rise closer to our limited usage amount, we will try to find a new host, if not, we will be accepting donations in order to be able tp purchase new web hosting space

Why should you have to ask members for donations?

Especially towards a forum that has unproven stability.

You just said the forum was hit by spam attacks for about 3 months, where were the mods/admins to stop & clean them up as they hit?

Seems everyone just went MIA.

By asking the users for that donation, you're asking them to invest in your forum. If you're unwilling to invest your own money in the first place, it's just not worth it to anyone else at all.

1. Do you really think I am an adult? What adult would run a pokemon forum? How in the hell do suppose I'd get money to invest.

I was simply saying, if all else fails, we would be accepting donations.
And no, we didn't go missing in action, there is a thing called exams, which took 2 weeks, and I also had end of course projects, so don't ever just assume that someone gave up, if I did, would I have spent hours cleaning up the 5,000 topics and 100 automatic bot accounts.

Everyone else, please join If you'd like.
http://UndellaBay.com
(2011-06-25, 06:34 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]1. Do you really think I am an adult? What adult would run a pokemon forum? How in the hell do suppose I'd get money to invest.

I was simply saying, if all else fails, we would be accepting donations.
And no, we didn't go missing in action, there is a thing called exams, which took 2 weeks, and I also had end of course projects, so don't ever just assume that someone gave up, if I did, would I have spent hours cleaning up the 5,000 topics and 100 automatic bot accounts.

Everyone else, please join If you'd like.
http://UndellaBay.com

There are plenty of members here between the age of 14 - 18 that have invested in properly hosting. And no, they didn't have an adult's help.

So unless you're like 8 years old. Yeah, I expect you would be able to.
I have no job, I get no allowance.
Please try avoid my topic, I have nothing more to say to you.
Thanks for your feedback though.
(2011-06-25, 06:39 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]I have no job, I get no allowance.
Please try avoid my topic, I have nothing more to say to you.
Thanks for your feedback though.

Don't need either one.

Google Ads, Post for Cash, Rent Ad Space.

All you need is a Paypal account.

You make $5 a month, pay for $5 a month host.
I actually liked your custom theme you had, which was the Victini theme, and the other theme that was blue and that had Gyarados on/off/lock images.
I don't need to add much as weBex is pretty much correct. Honestly pokemon forums cannot work in these modern times were the current giants such as Serebii/PokemonGTS/Smogon/PokeCommunity are offering so much. You don't even have a pokemon theme, which should be the essence of any pokemon forum. And FYI Adults do play pokemon and can make pokemon forums, out of the love of it-not just kids =P.

You should focus on a niche aspect rather than trying to cater to the needs of the masses, sure this won't bring thousands but atleast you'll have your own small community that you can actually call your own. And who knows that niche might even grow into a mass market.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9