MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mmmm.. MyBB Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Very nice look, saw this theme in WindowsBlinds once.

Copyright still says RC4 :/

So, I guess 2 questions on everyone minds, one being KeyStorms, and including Thread and posts drafts, what other new features are there??

Also, I noticed a link to the buddy-list, your missing one to the portal too (as far as I can tell, no link exists atm.
Quote:May I ask about release *month*?
Late December hopefully, maybe a bit earlier.

Quote:Copyright still says RC4 :/
The version number is the last thing updated, ever.

Quote:what other new features are there??
It's a secret for now! The new theme system, overhauled permissions and usergroup system and some other things at the moment.

Quote:Also, I noticed a link to the buddy-list, your missing one to the portal too (as far as I can tell, no link exists atm.
You would be correct in assuming that there is no portal link. I'm not missing one, I just haven't decided on placement - and it won't be in the welcome panel because it makes it more cluttered. It will probably be somewhere in the top links section.
portal link = how about down with Syndication link??
Chris Boulton Wrote:You would be correct in assuming that there is no portal link. I'm not missing one, I just haven't decided on placement - and it won't be in the welcome panel because it makes it more cluttered. It will probably be somewhere in the top links section.

I somehow have been having this feeling for some time now that you doesn't care much about Portal. It looks to be the most ignored area of Mybb. Debates about RC4 resulted in a lenghty wish-list some components of which have come into being with RC4 and the rest is now expected by public in general to appear in the Gold. As you said that there would definitely be more features in the Gold, I request you to give Portal its due share of your time. You can ask for a fresh wish-list to be updated and we would be more than willing and happy to do so Smile
Or you could just do what I did. I created a *forum* button and then placed the index.php url to that one and a portal.php link attached to the home button.

Makes it easier since the menu is carried over between the two.

Example:
[attachment=333]
and no, you can't have that skin......it's not done yet lol Toungue
Quote:I somehow have been having this feeling for some time now that you doesn't care much about Portal. It looks to be the most ignored area of Mybb.
The portal is not at the moment a really "intergrated part" of MyBB. If you want to use it as a main feature in MyBB you can throw it in another directory above your forums directory (just editing the file to set the path at the top), or you can do some stuff with mod_rewrite to redirect all requests to index.php which werent made by the forum to portal.php.

The portal will be properly implemented in gold..
i have implemented in mybb your portal..it's simple and very nice...Wink
How about the Trash Can feature, was that given a thought as to implementing it?
Yep, it might also make an appearance..
The_Altered1 Wrote:Or you could just do what I did. I created a *forum* button and then placed the index.php url to that one and a portal.php link attached to the home button.

Makes it easier since the menu is carried over between the two.

Example:
[attachment=333]
and no, you can't have that skin......it's not done yet lol Toungue

Thats a lovely looking theme Smile... erm... do you have more piccies of it please Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26