MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mmmm.. MyBB Gold
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
1) Personally, i'd prefer the welcome pm text in the language files, so its easier to ditribute when you transltae the forum to a language. What do you think??

2) In Gold, there is like a mod cp or something, and that should hopefully include super mods as well as normal mods.

3) Just use avatar text mod by MM (http://www.mybbmods.com/) and put it up near the name instead. Works just as well.
language files not seems clear to me.
I think this problem should not be in Gold. if i give permission to smod to join admincp and search user then he can change his position. like he is a super mod but he change his statas to admin.
another one is if I select the option edited by ll not shown for the forum team. if the smod or mod can edit any ones post. mod can edit smod or admin's post too.
Wow... I really can't wait for this. How do we sign up for beta testing, Chris?
You can't sign up. You will be chosen and notified via email and PM if you're accepted and when you login to http://beta.mybboard.com with your forum details you will see the RC4 beta with download links and testing forums. I've got quite a few people in mind, who are active participants here.

Quote:I think this problem should not be in Gold. if i give permission to smod to join admincp and search user then he can change his position. like he is a super mod but he change his statas to admin.
That isn't a bug or a problem. It's simply not designed to work like that and it shouldnt because the Admin CP is for Admins. You can change the admin permissions of the user so they can't access the user management pages.

Quote:another one is if I select the option edited by ll not shown for the forum team. if the smod or mod can edit any ones post. mod can edit smod or admin's post too.
As I see it he forum moderator is there to do moderation. What happens if they need to edit an admin's post to contain updated details or something.

On a side note, the new avatar manager and dimension restrictions are now all in place and working.
While we're at it I might as well bring up the topic of the new button set. I'm currently working on it and would like feedback too, such as how it fits in with the board theme. I'm undecided about it at he moment.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=503]

Check out the attached screenshots.
Quote:1) Personally, i'd prefer the welcome pm text in the language files, so its easier to ditribute when you transltae the forum to a language. What do you think??
Put a default text there but allow changing via the Admin CP.

Chris Boulton Wrote:the new button set
[...]
would like feedback too, such as how it fits in with the board theme. I'm undecided about it at he moment.
I like the idea, but if you want the text on the buttons to stand out I'd say make the green around the text darker, i.e. on http://www.mybboard.com/community/attach...hp?aid=505 compare the background colour of the email button and the colour of the row below it containing the "Threaded Mode | Linear Mode" links.

What I'm saying is having the colour on the buttons the same as that of that row.
Maybe the buttons are a little bit to big, i am keen on them but a bit unsure about the size on them maybe the colour could bed changed a bit.

Its hard to really judge the skin as a whole at the moment and to comment on it as bits of the skin are being seen seperatly and not together as a complete style. When the mybb beta is out i am sure the lucky chosen ones will be able to comment about the style so it can be improved.
The small email button looks good in the topic view, but the big buttons need to be emphasised. Some shadowing would work a treat (on the text and possibly on the button as a whole).

I'm loving MyBB Gold from what I can see and read. Thanks Chris!
Judging by the colors, it looks like you're still using the theme I created. I think the look good. Like Darren, I can't really make a complete judgement about the buttons and such, because I cant see the whole skin to see how they fit together. But what I see look nice. Can't wait! Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26