MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyVids Beta 1 (Silver) release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
That's extremely odd indeed. There are several people using this plugin online with no issues. For example: http://the-chess-forum.com/myvids.php or http://euantor.shockinghost.com/myvids.php - both of which are working fine.

Any chance I could have your URL so I can check stuff out?
I've sent you a PM. Smile

That is odd, I've tested uploading normal files and everything went ok. I was able to upload 10+mb files with no problems.

Tried reinstalling myvids, changing folders, but not even embeding is working...=/

Thanks for your attention!
Very strange.

I know why the embed doesn't work though - embedding appears to be disabled on that video.
OK, I was able to embed another video, it works.

Now I have to find what is causing the trouble uploading the .flv video..been trying everything...maybe a plugin incompatibility with another, like ProPortal?

If I could at least upload the .flv video to my ftp and embed from there...there's no need for users uploading files, only admin.
There shouldn't be a comflict at all with other plugins - MyVids runs mostly on it's own. You could do that, though you'd have to set your site up as an embed soirce in the addvid.php file.
I've tried adding my site as embed source with no success...I guess it's because I'm trying to embed a .flv file directly?

Could you try adding your website to the list and see if embed works for the file uploaded manually?

addvid.php, Changed line 46 to:

$supported_sites = array("youtube.com", "www.youtube.com", "vimeo.com", "www.vimeo.com", "dailymotion.com", "www.dailymotion.com", "voando.org", "www.voando.org");

Is that it?
Maybe in a future release/update you could include;

# of comments on the videos index area where all the vids are.
Video rating for each video
Able to rate videos in each video page
Able to rate videos via the videos index area where all the vids are

Just some random stuff. Smile
(2011-06-02, 10:40 PM)av8r_bra Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried adding my site as embed source with no success...I guess it's because I'm trying to embed a .flv file directly?

Could you try adding your website to the list and see if embed works for the file uploaded manually?

addvid.php, Changed line 46 to:

$supported_sites = array("youtube.com", "www.youtube.com", "vimeo.com", "www.vimeo.com", "dailymotion.com", "www.dailymotion.com", "voando.org", "www.voando.org");

Is that it?

I think that should work, yeah. Do you get any kind of error with that code or does it simply not play?

(2011-06-03, 06:00 AM)FooFighter Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe in a future release/update you could include;

# of comments on the videos index area where all the vids are.
Video rating for each video
Able to rate videos in each video page
Able to rate videos via the videos index area where all the vids are

Just some random stuff. Smile

I certainly plan to add the first and I was planning on adding ratings for the Gold version Smile
(2011-06-01, 10:51 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I think that should work, yeah. Do you get any kind of error with that code or does it simply not play?

I keep on getting this error: Unsupported embedded video site. Please press back and try again.

I've uploaded a small video file, folders are CHmod, everything else is working 100% in the forum..

Man, I'm just not having luck with your plugin =(
Very strange. I'll try and see if I can sort it by testing it with my own site and I'll report back. Could well be that I've made a mistake with the supported sites test.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10