MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyVids Beta 1 (Silver) release
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(2011-06-17, 04:49 PM)maniacmusic Wrote: [ -> ]I LOVE THIS!!
However it would be great to have an Forum Layout style, dropdownmenu or tabs for the categorys.
This Tabs would be the most awesome solution for this http://wb-dev.net/Thread-MyBB-Tutorial-T...in-one-tab in my opinion.

And theres a little problem i have as you can see here
The "Add Video" button dosnt get displayed.

Thank you for your great plugin anyway!

The button is only displayed if you have permission to add videos - check your usergroup permissions Smile

As for your suggestion, I'll look into it, though I already have a layout planned that I'm going to create after my exams.
i have permissions; its such a "broken image link" icon you know?
I checked if everthing is there where it supposed to be and i think it is.
Any suggestions?

edit: just posted a comment and there the same; avatar = broken image icon.
How do you exactly install it? Theres allot of files "scattered" around.
(2011-04-23, 07:32 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE: NEW DOWNLOAD ATTACHED WITH ALL KNOWN ISSUES FIXED.

So, here it is. The first release of the MyVids free edition (aka BETA). The package contains the full plugin as it stands as well as some rudimentary documentation. As this is still a work in progress, I'd love to hear feedback from all who install it. Hopefully this feedback will be good, but we'll see!

Everything you need to run MyVids is in the package - apart from a list of supported embed sites and video formats. These are below.

Supported Embed Sites
  • Youtube
  • Vimeo
  • Dailymotion

(The gold version will support more embed sites)

Supported upload formats
  • MP4
  • flv

(Again, the gold version will support more formats)

Features
  • Video file uplaods
  • Video embeds from Vimeo, Youtube, Dailymotion (and more)
  • AJAX commenting on videos (comment while the video plays)
  • AJAX comment paging (again, so video playback isn't interrupted)
  • SEO URLs for videos (enable via the CP)
  • MyCode support in video descriptions/comments
  • Category support
  • Rudimentary image support (easily adapt the video system to create an image system)
  • Multiple plugin hooks in key places to allow the development of further extensions (eg: NewPoints plugin?)

Please note that there is one known bug which arises only in Internet Explorer 9 (and in MyBB 1.6.2 - it may be fixed thanks to MyBB 1.6.3) whereby the quick login doesn;t work in the view video page due to a JS conflict. This only happens to IE9 though.

Finally, here's the download:

Took long enough, thank yoo kind sir Smile
You're welcome, though this plugin is far from complete. I kind of ended up stopping development when i ran out of time to work on it.

Also, for anybody else who may be interested in this plugin, I am planning on either finishing it or re-writing it after 1.8 is released. The reason I'm waiting is because the plugin currently uses jQuery and I want to see how MyBB uses it and if I can steal some of the functions to make life easier.
Is there a way to have some text added, like a license for posting the videos?
What do you mean? Where do you wan the text at?
SQL Error:
1091 - Can't DROP 'canusemyvids'; check that column/key exists
Query:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_usergroups` DROP `canusemyvids` , DROP `canaddvids` , DROP `cancommentvid` ;
I'm not surprised there are issues. I'll try and look at it tomorrow, but I'm not really supporting this plugin right now due to how long it's been since I looked at it.
Ever think about tweaking this? "Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10