MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Forgot to say about Memcached. You will need to install it so make sure you have admin rights to the server. Once installed edit the inc/config.php file and change.
$config['cache_store'] = 'db';

to

$config['cache_store'] = 'memcache';
Yeah, that helps heaps. Although you need a dedicated server or a VPS. :/
Doesn't work with Shared Hosting?
It won't work with shared. :/
If you need to use memcache you shouldn't be on shared hosting anyway.
I ended up having to dump cloudflare on both forums I was running it on due to users getting the offline errors.
Yeah, Cloudflare is getting better though, I'm using it again on GB.

Signed up for pro, too. Toungue
(2011-09-19, 07:45 AM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, Cloudflare is getting better though, I'm using it again on GB.

Signed up for pro, too. Toungue

when it's out for a bit longer, I'll check back on it again.
Combining css & js into a larger file is common practice because what happens is there are less lookups to the site. Off of the top of my head, I know that w3tc for wordpress does this as does vbsc for vbulletin.

(2011-05-07, 01:04 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-07, 12:59 PM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]If you add star ratings and usercp and such to global, then it will load those files unnecessarily in the first page load; thus increasing load time.

I wouldn't recommend doing that.

I agree. I would minify CSS, but the suggestion of creating one larger file to speed up page load is ridiculous.

Perhaps less lookups, but would you prefer one less lookup in opposition to downloading to a larger file?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17