MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Tutorial] 10 Steps for Achieving the Maximum Possible Speed for Your MyBB Forum!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
(2011-05-08, 12:21 AM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-07, 03:34 PM)Morsec0de Wrote: [ -> ]How can I change the table property of mybb_sessions to a heap?
Should have made it more detailed, sorry.
Go into PHPMYADMIN, click on your forum's database, find mybb_sessions, click on it, then press 'operations' at the top and change it to MEMORY. (sorry, sometimes it has another name.)

Thanks mate, I saw that Operations tab and thought it might be Memory, but I wasn't 100% sure so I thought I'd check it out.

I've performed most the steps you mentioned, my board appears to be a lot faster, that might just be because I'm using CloudFlare now though.

Thanks again! + rep.
That's good to hear it worked! No problem. Smile

It sure loads quite fast!

Oh, if you have problems, disable the rocket script. It's in beta and there are some problems sometimes.
Just like to share a little tool I was pointed towards: http://gtmetrix.com/

It tells you how fast your site is and recommends improvements. Could be useful for both before and after following this guide to see how much more you can help the speed.

I just ran it on mine and got an A grade Smile
Thanks euantor, I'll add that Big Grin
(2011-05-08, 11:06 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Just like to share a little tool I was pointed towards: http://gtmetrix.com/

It tells you how fast your site is and recommends improvements. Could be useful for both before and after following this guide to see how much more you can help the speed.

I just ran it on mine and got an A grade Smile

My site threw this up:

Analysis Error

The page returned an error: 502 Bad Gateway
Have you got any kind of proxy/country blocker or anything? It works fine on mine Smile
Yeah, works fine for me too.

Try again, maybe your site was down.
Hi Renegader,

Thanks for the CloudFlare mention! Two quick things:

1. We're not a full DDoS solution. While we can help mitigate some attacks, we will have to go direct to a site if the attack starts impacting other customers.
2. Don't forget we're also a CDN as well (caching static content automatically).

Appreciate the post on the mod...a fairly common issue that leads to confusion about IP addresses.
(2011-05-09, 04:33 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Renegader,

1. We're not a full DDoS solution. While we can help mitigate some attacks, we will have to go direct to a site if the attack starts impacting other customers.
2. Don't forget we're also a CDN as well (caching static content automatically).

Appreciate the post on the mod...a fairly common issue that leads to confusion about IP addresses.

No problem Damon! (you're everywhere! I see you around heaps of forums and we've also talked through email!).

Thanks for for extra info, I've added it in the post. The reason why I use another CDN along with Cloudflare is that the CDN provides extra features such as being able to set robots.txt, specifying expires headers along with a few more things. Maybe you can consider doing something like that with Cloudflare, although only with paid customers? Smile
(2011-05-09, 06:11 AM)Renegader Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-05-09, 04:33 AM)damoncloudflare Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Renegader,

No problem Damon! (you're everywhere! I see you around heaps of forums and we've also talked through email!).

Thanks for for extra info, I've added it in the post. The reason why I use another CDN along with Cloudflare is that the CDN provides extra features such as being able to set robots.txt, specifying expires headers along with a few more things. Maybe you can consider doing something like that with Cloudflare, although only with paid customers? Smile

Hi,

Yeah, I get aroundSmile

"specifying expires headers along"
We actually honor any expire headers you have set. But I think you're looking to do this via the CloudFlare interface in some way, correct?

Robots.txt:
Is this an issue of wanting to block bad bots? If so, one thing you can do is blacklist their IPs in your threat control panel (important to note that it would only block if going to a domain/subdomain we were proxying (orange cloud). I know that some international search engines are notorious for not following robots.txt.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17