MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SafeLink 1.3.4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Hey everyone, another plugin I made for a private paid request, and the buyer stopped replying...so I've decided to release it here free!

[Image: 36020-1323468912-newsettings.jpg]

Features:
  • Replaces the links in every thread and post on your forum with a link to your SafeLink page instead (unless the URL for that link is on the excluded list), basically a link on your forum goes from www.google.com to www.yoursite.com/safelink.php?link=google.com.
  • Supports excluding URLs to be filtered (ie: links to your own site and any custom links you define won't be filtered)
  • Supports forum and usergroup exclusion (new with 1.1!)
  • Compatible with Spoiler BBCode!

Download Page (with screenshots): http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=318
Legacy Download (1.6.*): http://mods.mybb.com/view/mybb-safelink

Any suggestions/problems/bugs just post in here and I'll answer ASAP!
If you like it feel free to +rep me!

~fizz

Donate
Feel free to donate so that I can keep on making and updating these plugins for MyBB!

Last Updated: 05-18-2016

===CHANGELOG===
--v1.3
-Fixed problem with replacing incorrect characters in posts (&)
-1.3.4 -> added Spoiler BBCode compatibility (thanks Nick1307!), also modified names of lang variables slightly
-1.3.3 -> updated for 1.8 compatibility
-1.3.2 -> fixed the safelink logic in plugins/safelink.php (thanks charafweb!)
-1.3.1 -> removed code I accidentally left in the plugin that printed the board url

--v1.2
-Fixed bugs with URL exclusion logic

--v1.1
-Added support for usergroups
-Added support for individual forums
-New language variable added, used when safelink is disabled
Nice, thanks for sharing.

This would come in handy for communities that have issues with users posting malicious links as if you accidentally clicked on one, you wouldn't go to it right away as well as those that deal with the younger crowd and serve as a good disclaimer for the content found elsewhere.
Very nice plugin Fizz. I'd be prolly using this over Ubers as many people tries to post infected links. I was thinking on coding something similar for it but you did it, thank you. Smile
I have a questions..
does this change the URLs in posts only? Or does it change url anywhere in foum? Like URLs in advertisements? google ads? signatures? etc etc

(2011-12-07, 07:57 AM)PwnEm Wrote: [ -> ]Nice, thanks for sharing.

This would come in handy for communities that have issues with users posting malicious links as if you accidentally clicked on one, you wouldn't go to it right away as well as those that deal with the younger crowd and serve as a good disclaimer for the content found elsewhere.
Indeed, that was my intended purpose - mostly for younger users or people who had trouble with fishy links and such.

(2011-12-07, 11:32 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice plugin Fizz. I'd be prolly using this over Ubers as many people tries to post infected links. I was thinking on coding something similar for it but you did it, thank you. Smile
Thanks, glad you like it and glad I could help! Smile

(2011-12-07, 04:50 PM)killer Wrote: [ -> ]I have a questions..
does this change the URLs in posts only? Or does it change url anywhere in foum? Like URLs in advertisements? google ads? signatures? etc etc
Yes it will change only links in threads/posts, not links on pages, profiles, signatures, etc.

Wow this is a very nice plugin. You should try to make this redirect page appear on signatures and profile pages as well, since most spambots just LOVE to put the bad links on there as well.
But very nice job doing this, thanksBig Grin
Maybe adding groups and forums support? Smile

Yes, I always ask for this features in any plugin I use Big Grin

Thanks!!
(2011-12-07, 09:18 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe adding groups and forums support? Smile

Thanks!!
Have thought about that, might add group support later today or this week. Though, what reasons would you have for wanting that? And what do you mean by 'forums support'?
(2011-12-07, 10:01 PM)fizz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-12-07, 09:18 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe adding groups and forums support? Smile

Thanks!!
Have thought about that, might add group support later today or this week. Though, what reasons would you have for wanting that? And what do you mean by 'forums support'?

Because that way we can disable links being 'bored' or anything for trusted members or forums that doesn't make much sense to 'apply extra protection to links' to. Smile
(2011-12-07, 10:10 PM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Because that way we can disable links being 'bored' or anything for trusted members or forums that doesn't make much sense to 'apply extra protection to links' to. Smile

Fair enough, I'll add that in sometime later tonight, or at least over the weekend, good suggestion! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14