MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Updated] Invitation System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Do invitation codes need to be manually handed out by members or can you give each member 5 by default or 1 per week etc ?
Great idea, I will add this feature in a future release (X invitation are generated for that member at registration).
The only problem with this feature is for the email sharing. To send invitation by email to their friends, they must edit the generated invitation (this is not very clear to user).

Currently, each invitation code must be created manually and you can set a limit for each usergroup.
Best plugin, I've EVER Seen Smile
Thank you, I'm glad to hear that.
thanks for this plugin and hats off to you for this great idea mate. Is their any possibility to make a guest can buy the invitation code to register in the board?
(2012-03-16, 01:14 PM)cfillion Wrote: [ -> ]Great idea, I will add this feature in a future release (X invitation are generated for that member at registration).
The only problem with this feature is for the email sharing. To send invitation by email to their friends, they must edit the generated invitation (this is not very clear to user).

Currently, each invitation code must be created manually and you can set a limit for each usergroup.

u could also add X invitations every X posts/reply and/or every X reputation. Smile
hey!
The plugin is great!

I'm just having some small problems with it:

1. I invite somebody (on an different IP) and it says:
"Sorry but you cannot register at this time because the admin has disabled new account registrations."
2. if i try to invite my own emails (on my IP) it works and i can invite.
but as soon as i put in all the registration details it says that it has to get activated by the admin
> where do i have to activate the people
> i would prefer (as i anyway invite them) that they are automatically activated.

Hope you can help me with this!

thanks
karo
It seem that you have disabled registrations and configured MyBB to manually activate your members...

Admin CP > Configuration > User Registration and Profile Options
  • Set Disable Registrations to No
  • Set Registration Method to what you want except Administrator Activation

It should be ok. Smile
hey cfillion!

I did that now. And i took the "Registration-Button" manually out of the design.
But the direct link would still work.
I don't want anybody to register but only by invitation.

Well this work-around works for now.

Thx
My plugin can deny registration without invitation, but you must enable registrations in MyBB like you do on a non-invitation only board.
Turn the "Is the invitation code is required" to On in Invitation System's configuration (default in the latest version).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8