MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Updated] Invitation System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
I have to admit, this plugin is really nice. The only thing I dislike is the fact that the management is not in the ACP but outside using the misc.php.

Yeah, you need to be logged in with the right permissions to use it, I know. But still, I'd prefer all the management of the Invitations inside the ACP. Already for other security reasons that I protect my admin folder with. Would that be possible ?

One other thing that came up while testing it. I created a key, and used that for myself with a secondary account to register and test it. Registrations and all works fine. But the Management now says that there are 2 invited members, though I only invited myself technically and registered one other account, not 2. Why would it say 2 ?
I love this Plugin, its great. But a friend told me that the link with the Invite code that is emailed to the one (if I specify someone per email) doesn't really get passed the INVITE CODE field. So a user must enter the Invite code manually anyway, even if he clicked on the link.

I wonder whats the point in that if you then need to copy the Invite Code out of the link and paste it in manually, instead of sending on the invite code by default per Email.

Any thoughts on this ?
(2012-07-20, 12:38 PM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]I have to admit, this plugin is really nice. The only thing I dislike is the fact that the management is not in the ACP but outside using the misc.php.

Yeah, you need to be logged in with the right permissions to use it, I know. But still, I'd prefer all the management of the Invitations inside the ACP. Already for other security reasons that I protect my admin folder with. Would that be possible ?
I have only one reason for doing this : according to the settings, the management page need to be accessed by non-admins.

(2012-07-20, 12:38 PM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]One other thing that came up while testing it. I created a key, and used that for myself with a secondary account to register and test it. Registrations and all works fine. But the Management now says that there are 2 invited members, though I only invited myself technically and registered one other account, not 2. Why would it say 2 ?
(2012-07-26, 02:43 PM)Wolfseye Wrote: [ -> ]I love this Plugin, its great. But a friend told me that the link with the Invite code that is emailed to the one (if I specify someone per email) doesn't really get passed the INVITE CODE field. So a user must enter the Invite code manually anyway, even if he clicked on the link.

I wonder whats the point in that if you then need to copy the Invite Code out of the link and paste it in manually, instead of sending on the invite code by default per Email.

Any thoughts on this ?

These problems are weird, I justed tested these two features and everything is fine.
Please send me an invitation link by PM so I can see the issues by myself and a list of activated plugins.
@cfillion: Looking forward to the Update. :Wink
No matter what I do, I continue to receive this message when testing:
The invitation code is invalid.

(2012-08-20, 05:42 PM)bbUser Wrote: [ -> ]No matter what I do, I continue to receive this message when testing:
The invitation code is invalid.

Ok. Found the issue. I didn't realize entering an email address prevented registration with a different email address, I just thought it was there to email the recipient. Perhaps an update in a future version to make this clearer, or simple send an email with reserving the code for that email.

Now that I've figured that out. Fantastic mod! I chose MyBB as my solution just to use this mod.
this plugin still available? the download link is invalid.
I released an update a week ago and it is still awaiting validation.
Fixed issues:
  • Removed the limit of registration attempts with a wrong code
  • Fixed a bug when following the email link with coopa activated.

In the meantime you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/dkru62t5zk...invite.zip
awesome,thanks
Thanks m8 for updating. Wink This plugin is truely awesome.

Cheers

Wolfseye
Hi,
Thank you for the plug in.

I noticed something on invitation management.

The invitation management display every invitation. This includes invitation not created by same user who is not a moderator/administrator. The current system allow user to delete all invitations, including those not invited by the same user.

my suggestion:
Have security setup that allow the administrator to define who can see the invitation.
1. The administrator can define the user can see only their own invitation or based on group or view all. The default shall be view invitation created by the same user. All other invitation are not displayed except for administrator or moderator.
2. The administrator can decide who can delete/edit the invitation. The default shall be edit/delete invitation created by same user.
3. if the invitation is open to non-moderator/administrator, A normal user can create an invitation to anyone to be the administrator/moderator. This compromise the system security. The system should restrict the invitation to the same group or group with lower priority or less privilege.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8