MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Updated] Invitation System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2012-10-24, 06:42 PM)sktan7 Wrote: [ -> ]The invitation management display every invitation. This includes invitation not created by same user who is not a moderator/administrator. The current system allow user to delete all invitations, including those not invited by the same user.

No, normal users can only see and delete invitations created by themselves.
Normal users are defined by the "Who can use Invitation Management" setting, by usergroup.

(2012-10-24, 06:42 PM)sktan7 Wrote: [ -> ]Have security setup that allow the administrator to define who can see the invitation.

1. The administrator can define the user can see only their own invitation or based on group or view all. The default shall be view invitation created by the same user. All other invitation are not displayed except for administrator or moderator.
2. The administrator can decide who can delete/edit the invitation. The default shall be edit/delete invitation created by same user.
3. if the invitation is open to non-moderator/administrator, A normal user can create an invitation to anyone to be the administrator/moderator. This compromise the system security. The system should restrict the invitation to the same group or group with lower priority or less privilege.

All these things are already made in some way.

The invitation manager have two permission level :
  • Administrators (3 different groups can get administration right)
  • Normal user (defined by the "Who can use Invitation Management" setting by usergroup).
Invitation administrators can view and manage (edit or delete) all invitations. They have access to special pages like "My invitations" or "Mass Delete" (Mass Delete permission is set by the "Only administrators can use the Mass Delete tool" setting).

Normal users can only view and manage (edit or delete) the invitations they created.

sktan7 Wrote:A normal user can create an invitation to anyone to be the administrator/moderator. This compromise the system security.

Fake. You have not seen the "Usergroups that normal users can invite" setting ?
This setting allow administrators to define wich groups a normal user can invite.

So before posting a review, take a look to the setting page. Wink
Thank you for your reply.

By the way, how do I do a mass invitation?
Is it possible to make that like a certain group (eg 2, registered users) only have one invite?
So something like a rule.
Yeah, you can define the maximum available invitations allowed for each group.
Fill the "Who can use Invitation Management" setting with something like "2=1" where 2 is the group id and 1 the limit.
(2012-11-14, 05:05 PM)cfillion Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, you can define the maximum available invitations allowed for each group.
Fill the "Who can use Invitation Management" setting with something like "2=1" where 2 is the group id and 1 the limit.

Thanks man, found it. Smile
Anything else.
Now the users can choose there limit of users that can sign up using that code in the invatation management.
Can I limit that?
Found a minor bug,

if you have the registration agreement disabled..... the form for entry of the code does not appear. So in my system I updated line 346

Original:
if(my_strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'member.php') AND !isset($_POST['bday1']) AND (isset($_POST['agree']) OR isset($_POST['regsubmit'])))

Updated-2
if(my_strpos($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'], 'member.php') AND !$mybb->user['uid'] )

I'm guessing the extra AND is being used to reduce load of member.php, would be better to check if user is a guest. I just dont know how to do that off the top of my head though.. so for now this is how im going to run it like this which works. - went ahead and figured this out because there were issues on other pages.
i just installed this plugin, may i know where is the invitation management page?
It is located at http://yourforum.com/misc.php?action=manageinvites (replace yourforum.com by the url to your mybb installation).

A link is added at the bottom of the moderation panel menu.
Hello,
Thanks for the plugin.
I was experimenting with it and have a few doubts / suggestions.
1) Though I have given the option for registered users to only invite members to the group of registered users, still they have to select this only option from the drop down menu . Can it be made so that they need not select the option, but it gets filled automatically?
2) Similarly, it is optional to send the invitation by email. Is there an option to make it mandatory or may be, if I don't want to invite through the system mail, not to show the option?
3) If an email is sent through system mail, how can I have a standard header and body for the mail?
4) Can I set a mandatory value for the expiry period that cannot be changed by the user ?

Thanks in advance,
ajith
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8