MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
So I can use MyBB with getting a Web hoster or is it required to have a web hoster to use MyBB?

What is web hosting for?
Web hosting hosts the files required to use MyBB.
So I need to buy a web hoster to host the plugins and files like what, what files?

Where do I buy a web hoster?
You can go to http://hawkhost.com to get hosting. It hosts all required MyBB core files.
Ok so when I buy it do I select it to host for my site or does it do it it self?
Ok so when I buy it do I select it to host for my site or does it do it by it self?
What?
Dude:

1. Buy a domain in a specific Domain Name Registrar:

A domain name registrar is an organization or commercial entity that manages the reservation of Internet domain names. A domain name registrar must be accredited by a generic top-level domain (gTLD) registry and/or a country code top-level domain (ccTLD) registry. The management is done in accordance with the guidelines of the designated domain name registries and to offer such services to the public.

2. Buy space in a specific Web Hosting Service:

A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server owned or leased for use by clients, as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for other servers located in their data center, called colocation, also known as Housing in Latin America or France.

3. Upload whatever you want to be your page, in this case a Forum needs a BBS (you want to use MyBB, I presume) :

A Bulletin Board System, or BBS, is a computer system running software that allows users to connect and log in to the system using a terminal program. Once logged in, a user can perform functions such as uploading and downloading software and data, reading news and bulletins, and exchanging messages with other users, either through electronic mail, public message boards, and sometimes via direct chatting. Many BBSes also offer on-line games, in which users can compete with each other, and BBSes with multiple phone lines often provide chat rooms, allowing users to interact with each other.

If you find this too hard, pay for an All-in-One solution at popular web hosting services like these :http://knoji.com/the-10-largest-web-hosting-companies-reviewed-and-compared/

They offer solutions where you pay for everything in one value pack and even have free programs ready to install in a user-friendly environment, like Wordpress or MyBB.
So if I buy a web hoster, if I upload something, would that go to the web hoster, or would that go into MyBB, also does MyBB has it's own web hoster or no?
MyBB is not a webhost. MyBB is Forum Software which is installed on a webhost.

If you upload something, it would upload to the webhost, not MyBB. You could upload something in the MyBB directory.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13