MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Use Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
So can I buy any web host for the forums to work?
As long as the following are met:

Quote:PHP version 5.1.0 or above with XML Extension installed
Note: If you want to use MyBB 1.4.x, PHP version 4.3.11 or above would be rrequired
MySQL version 4.0 or above, PostgreSQL, or SQLite
FTP access (or another way to upload the MyBB software to your web server)

Have a look at these recommendations: http://community.mybb.com/thread-30827.html
So I just pick one of those, and for the #1, do they have all of this;

PHP version 5.1.0 or above with XML Extension installed
Note: If you want to use MyBB 1.4.x, PHP version 4.3.11 or above would be rrequired
MySQL version 4.0 or above, PostgreSQL, or SQLite
FTP access (or another way to upload the MyBB software to your web server)?
All the webhosts on that list are compatible with MyBB. Smile
Alright, which is the best one for MyBB?
All of those will work fine with MyBB. You need to take a look if you want a free host or a paid host. Each package is different. Some will have higher bandwidth limits, some will have more diskspace, some will have more email accounts, databases etc.

It's all about picking the right package for you. Maybe start on a free host, see how it goes. You can always move over to a paid host if it doesn't work out for you. Smile
Okay so which ones are the free ones and how do I set them up?
(2008-04-20, 03:46 PM)MrD. Wrote: [ -> ]FREE HOSTS
  • Freehostia - Recommended by nathangrubb
    Comments: "A free host, with no artificial limitations like some free hosts. Just like a paid host, except the bandwidth, disk space, etc limits."
  • x10Hosting - Recommended by fedlerner
    Comments: "x10hosting is the top 1 free hosting company. They offer Ad-Enhanced & Ad-Free plans. Their servers are really fast and reliable. They also have paid plans (on different servers) for members that think that their site has grown enough to move to a Paid hosting."
    NOTE: Please see [wiki]Help:Contents#Host-specific_Problems[/wiki]
  • Sv2 - Recommended by Holy Phoenix
    Comments: "It is a free host, that offers stuff without posting. I believe they give more if you do post though."
  • vgchat hosting - Recommended by scylla
    Comments: "A free host that gives users 300 megs of space & 10 gigs of bandwith, more than enough for an average forum, I've been with them for nearly a year now."
  • PhpZilla - Recommended by Proper
    Comments: "a good free host."
To set them up, choose the one you want to use and visit the URL. There will be an option to Sign Up. Just follow this simple Sign Up procedure and you'll have your account up and running in no time! Smile
Is there like a demo site, so I can test all this stuff out and know how to use the Mod CP and Admin CP?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13